dark_xiii_angel
Diaper bag or purse?
November 18, 2012 at 2:43 PM
In march/April I will have a newborn and a 2 year old both in diapers at least for a while. My kids usually go everywhere I go. Should I continue to carry a purse and a diaper bag or is it easier to just throw my wallet, a little bag of essentials and my planner in the diaper bag? What do you ladies do?

Replies

• dark_xiii_angel
    November 18, 2012 at 4:17 PM
    I really like that bag! I will have to look it up online!

Quoting catholicmamamia:

This is my JJB BePrepared, mama pocket on left and interior on right.. love this bag!

• DyerMaker
    November 18, 2012 at 4:22 PM
    My sons are 2 years and 3 days apart, so I have been there.... I have a wallet that I tossed in my diaper bag and I carried just the diaper bag for the first year or so. Once I felt comfortable not bringing a spare change of clothing, teethers, ect, I could go to the store and toss a pull up, diaper and wipes into my purse. When we go out for longer than an hour though, my wallet goes right back into the diaper bag.
  • Turtledoves
    November 18, 2012 at 4:29 PM
    I use a diaper bag as my purse, even when she's not with me! I'm so used to it. I just bought her a blues clues purse/backpack to use as her new diaper bag though.
  • amy1763
    by amy1763
    November 18, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I take both but it would be easier with one bag.

• dark_xiii_angel
    November 18, 2012 at 4:38 PM
    I take both right now. Some days it just seems like too much! Lol

Quoting amy1763:

I take both but it would be easier with one bag.

• BlissBagshaw
    November 18, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I only have one - a 9-month-old - and I gave up my purse the day he was born, lol.  Been carrying my stuff in his diaper bag....  But come January, I'll have an 11-month-old AND a newborn, so I'll just have to decide which diaper bag to keep my stuff in, because I don't think I'll be able to get away with carrying just one while having two babies >_>

• momto1ryen
    November 18, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Ds is 2.5 and I have a 4 month old. I need my diaper bag, it's stacked full and I have to restock it at least once a week. I would never get away with a big purse.

• DragonX
    by DragonX
    November 18, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I have a clutch-type purse thingy where I keep all of my stuff, and I just toss it into the diaper bag (which is really just a messenger bag) when we go out.

• amy1763
    by amy1763
    November 18, 2012 at 5:19 PM

When bot mine were in diapers we were able to use a bigger diaper bag and fit it:)

Quoting BlissBagshaw:

I only have one - a 9-month-old - and I gave up my purse the day he was born, lol.  Been carrying my stuff in his diaper bag....  But come January, I'll have an 11-month-old AND a newborn, so I'll just have to decide which diaper bag to keep my stuff in, because I don't think I'll be able to get away with carrying just one while having two babies >_>

• cali_angel_girl
    Amy
    November 18, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Ditto to this. I still carry my purse and then I have a small diaper bag for ds stuff.

Quoting militarywife09:

I use both.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts