Babies

Featured Posts
bear.katten
Son has a rash- NOT on his butt
November 16, 2012 at 12:03 PM
The rash is on his stomach.. He is 3 months old and still has his startle reflex so we swaddle him so it doesnt wake up from it. When I unswaddled him this morning he had a few red lines on his stomach from where the blanket creased (normal for him) but when I went to change him a couple of hours later he had a red rash where the red marks had been and a spot on the side of his stomach about half the size of the palm of my hand. It doesnt feel like the rash is raised.

The thing is, we got flea's from my mother-in-laws house ( >:-/ ) so we got some flea spray from the vets office for the furniture and rugs. I had DH take DS outside while I sprayed everything and then opened all our windows and we went grocery shopping while it aired out. I'm worried that the flea spray could have gotten on his blanket (I picked everything up off the floors but who knows!) and he is having a reaction from it.... But then wouldnt the rash be all over his body??
Any advice out there?? I tried to take a picture but didnt have enough light so you couldnt really see it in the picture.

Replies

• Nicki1995
    November 16, 2012 at 12:19 PM
    He may be getting too hot. My daughter had a heat rash on her back and i didnt know what it was so i did what i normally do and she had it on her back, belly, and legs the next day. We had her in a sleep sack laying on a fleece blanket lol We took the blanket out and put baby oil gel on her then she was fine
  • angela.bouchard
    November 16, 2012 at 12:20 PM
    I would think it's a heat rash. Put some lotion on and if it's still there in 2-3 days I'd call his pediatrician
  • bear.katten
    November 16, 2012 at 12:24 PM
    Oh good.. We actually did swaddle him in a heavier blanket last night because I was worried the house was too cold from airing it out but then I woke up really hot so that must be it! I didnt even think of that before! I feel so much better!! :-)

Quoting Nicki1995:

He may be getting too hot. My daughter had a heat rash on her back and i didnt know what it was so i did what i normally do and she had it on her back, belly, and legs the next day. We had her in a sleep sack laying on a fleece blanket lol We took the blanket out and put baby oil gel on her then she was fine

• Nicki1995
    November 16, 2012 at 12:28 PM
    That sounds like thats what it is then. I thought my daughter was going to get a little too cold too so thats why i did what i did lol I guess that was my dumb moment haha

Quoting bear.katten:

Oh good.. We actually did swaddle him in a heavier blanket last night because I was worried the house was too cold from airing it out but then I woke up really hot so that must be it! I didnt even think of that before! I feel so much better!! :-)

Quoting Nicki1995:

• erikays
    by erikays
    November 18, 2012 at 8:05 AM
    Sounds like a heat rash. Using any new laundry soap?
  • bear.katten
    November 18, 2012 at 9:55 AM
    No new soap and it did go away! Must have been a heat rash!

Quoting erikays:

Sounds like a heat rash. Using any new laundry soap?

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts