Babies

Featured Posts
bcbmami
If you had a c-section
by bcbmami
November 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM
I had my second c-section 20 months ago with an epi. The first one, they had to put me all the way under. So, I am still having back pain. Whenever I do something I have pain. Like last night I was doing the dishes and my back hurt so bad I was in tears. Frankly, I am beyond fed up with it! I can't do anything cleaning wise unless I want excrutiating(sp?) pain. Am I the only one who is dealing with this? Is there anything I can do to make it stop or at least ease up?

Replies

• Randi02
    by Randi02
    November 16, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Have you talked to your doctor? I have had 3 c sections, but never any back pain. I had the spinal though, not an epidural.

It is a common side effect of an epidural.

• JLS6306
    by JLS6306
    November 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM
    I had a spinal with my c-section and I don't have back pain.
  • angela.bouchard
    November 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM
    Bump
  • bcbmami
    by bcbmami
    November 16, 2012 at 12:39 PM
    My doctor said what helped her was doing sit-ups. But that doesn't help me. And she has moved so I don't have a specific doctor atm.

Quoting Randi02:

Have you talked to your doctor? I have had 3 c sections, but never any back pain. I had the spinal though, not an epidural.

It is a common side effect of an epidural.

• Nicki1995
    November 16, 2012 at 12:43 PM
    I had a csection with an epidural 7 and a half months ago and i have a lot of back pain. Back pain runs in my family so i havent known if it was from that or the epidural.
  • robibuni
    November 16, 2012 at 12:43 PM
    BUMP.

I've had 2 c-sections, both with spinals, and never had back pain like you're describing. I'm sorry you're in pain :(
  • calvinsmommy18
    November 16, 2012 at 2:01 PM
    This.

Quoting robibuni:

BUMP.

I've had 2 c-sections, both with spinals, and never had back pain like you're describing. I'm sorry you're in pain :(
  • LMEMomma05
    November 16, 2012 at 2:03 PM
    I had a spinal, but no back pain. Here's a bump for you.
  • robbinsroost
    November 16, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I have had 4 c-sections and I had spinals. I have never had back pain from the spinal. I do have back pain for other reasons though.

• MaddieBsMommy
    November 16, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I've had an epidural and a spinal, and have lots of back pain as well....I've often wondered if they were the cause of my pain. I had the epidural 11 years ago, and the spinal 17 mos ago.....the spinal I believe has def. made my pain worse, they had to attempt it several times before they got it in, and I truely think it did something to my back. Sorry you're in pain, but I feel ya for sure.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts