Babies

Featured Posts
bcbmami
If you had a c-section
by bcbmami
November 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM
I had my second c-section 20 months ago with an epi. The first one, they had to put me all the way under. So, I am still having back pain. Whenever I do something I have pain. Like last night I was doing the dishes and my back hurt so bad I was in tears. Frankly, I am beyond fed up with it! I can't do anything cleaning wise unless I want excrutiating(sp?) pain. Am I the only one who is dealing with this? Is there anything I can do to make it stop or at least ease up?

Replies

• Randi02
    by Randi02
    November 16, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Have you talked to your doctor? I have had 3 c sections, but never any back pain. I had the spinal though, not an epidural.

It is a common side effect of an epidural.

• JLS6306
    by JLS6306
    November 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM
    I had a spinal with my c-section and I don't have back pain.
  • angela.bouchard
    November 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM
    Bump
  • bcbmami
    by bcbmami
    November 16, 2012 at 12:39 PM
    My doctor said what helped her was doing sit-ups. But that doesn't help me. And she has moved so I don't have a specific doctor atm.

Quoting Randi02:

Have you talked to your doctor? I have had 3 c sections, but never any back pain. I had the spinal though, not an epidural.

It is a common side effect of an epidural.

• Nicki1995
    November 16, 2012 at 12:43 PM
    I had a csection with an epidural 7 and a half months ago and i have a lot of back pain. Back pain runs in my family so i havent known if it was from that or the epidural.
  • robibuni
    November 16, 2012 at 12:43 PM
    BUMP.

I've had 2 c-sections, both with spinals, and never had back pain like you're describing. I'm sorry you're in pain :(
  • calvinsmommy18
    November 16, 2012 at 2:01 PM
    This.

Quoting robibuni:

BUMP.

I've had 2 c-sections, both with spinals, and never had back pain like you're describing. I'm sorry you're in pain :(
  • LMEMomma05
    November 16, 2012 at 2:03 PM
    I had a spinal, but no back pain. Here's a bump for you.
  • robbinsroost
    November 16, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I have had 4 c-sections and I had spinals. I have never had back pain from the spinal. I do have back pain for other reasons though.

• MaddieBsMommy
    November 16, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I've had an epidural and a spinal, and have lots of back pain as well....I've often wondered if they were the cause of my pain. I had the epidural 11 years ago, and the spinal 17 mos ago.....the spinal I believe has def. made my pain worse, they had to attempt it several times before they got it in, and I truely think it did something to my back. Sorry you're in pain, but I feel ya for sure.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN