Babies

SarineLewis
Can I prevent postpartum depression?
November 16, 2012 at 2:50 AM
I had it with my first. It stunk! I didn't get it treated, just let it run it's course.
I'm due in Feb and am afraid of getting it again. There are a few factors:
I get sick on little sleep
Hormone changes are insane (used to cry every month)
Ds still isn't sleeping through the night (he will be 13 mo)
I don't know anyone in this tiny town
Everything I read online just has rick factors and says to talk to dr. I've talked to my dr and she said some people just get it. Not very helpful. Please help??? I'm really worried I'll get it again.

Replies

• tyrelsmom
    November 16, 2012 at 10:14 PM
    Other than the placenta pills, about the only thing for the hormones is natural birth. When you don't disrupt your body with meds, particularly fake hormones like pit, your body does a pretty good job with the hormone changes. Including an oxytocin rush usually immediately after birth. Which makes you feel good, helps for bleeding and birthing the placenta, and is just all around good for you. If you're on a pit drip, this will NOT happen.
  • SarineLewis
    November 17, 2012 at 1:08 AM
    I got nuvaring at my 6 week check-up. Used it for two months. I really dried me up and made things painful "down there". I meant to get a pill or something, but took too long. (How I was able to get prego so quickly lol. Oops.)
  • H.I.S.
    by H.I.S.
    November 17, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Depression, and especially ppd, are brought on by poor nutrition and lack of sunshine/exercise. Eat well, take a cod liver oil supplement, try to get outside as often as you can, and of course - sleep when it's possible after baby arrives. Good luck!

• SOCO101
    by SOCO101
    November 17, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Quoting SarineLewis:

Maybe I can get a 3 week pp appt along with the 6 week. She usually is helpful with a lot of things. Since I've got 13 weeks left still I'm going to keep asking her about it.

Quoting SOCO101:

At the hospital I had dd at they did several follow ups to make sure you weren't suffering with PPD. If you were they'd help you any way possible. I'd get a second opinion. Your doc doesn't sound helpful at all. 

I would, just keep letting her know how important it is to you. 

• Summerlion1123
    November 17, 2012 at 5:42 AM
    Start seeing a therapist before baby comes to try and head it off. Plus you'll have established care if you do get it.
  • bbyB10
    by bbyB10
    November 17, 2012 at 5:25 PM
    YES, PRAY !! Pray to god because depression is of Satan , it is a trick to make us feel unworthy , DON'T FALL FOR IT ....Jesus LOVES you :)
  • proudMom2634
    November 17, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Bumping this one out!

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts