Babies

Featured Posts
alandou
Babies Topic of the Day (11/15) Childbirth Classes
by alandou
November 15, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Childbirth Classes

How you feel about labor and pain management may determine which teaching method you feel most comfortable using. The leading methods of childbirth education are:

Lamaze - emphasizes controlled pain management through relaxation and breathing exercises; familiarizes couples with hospital routines and provides information of pain.

Bradley Method - emphasizes the natural approach to birth and avoidance of medications unless absolutely necessary; this method teaches importance of diet & exercise during pregnancy, deep breathing techniques to manage pain, and encourages partner inclusion in the birth process.

McMoyler Method - an updated, medically-savvy approach for preparing today's expectant parents for the biggest event of their lives. Teaches effective pain management and relaxation techniques, focuses on partner support, and insists all birth options - natural, pain managed and c-section are equally viable birth options.

Classes should prepare parents by imparting knowledge about changes during pregnancy, stages and characteristics of labor, and breathing and pushing techniques. Procedures and options including medications, epidurals, anesthesia, cesarean birth and postpartum care should also be discussed.   

Did you take any child birth classes? 

Replies

• babygomez
    November 15, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Nope.

• shesliketx
    November 15, 2012 at 4:33 PM
    Yeah, I spent 1 Saturday taking classes that didn't help me one bit
  • jessmomto2boys
    November 15, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I took lamaze classes with my first and it turned out to be a total waste of time, lol. My second and third I did not take any classes.

• erikays
    by erikays
    November 15, 2012 at 7:39 PM
    Took lamaze with my first
  • calvinsmommy18
    November 16, 2012 at 12:53 AM

i did take childbirth classes for my first, but ended up being a waste because i had a c-section due to failure to progress

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts