RoseBud93
newborn Spit up queen --advice?
November 14, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I have been trying to breast feed my daughter. I don't know whats wrong ...
She spits up EVERY time I feed her! and I don't mean just like a smidge of spit up or one cough up. She spits up a LOT multiple times. as if she's getting all of the milk out. and will continue to let it dribble out for hours.
I highly doubt she is over eating because my boobs arent that full in the first place. Maybe in the beginning when I was engorged and always full but now I almost think I dont have enough milk. so it's even more frustrating when she spits up  because I am scared she wont eat enough and I have not had any way to gage if she is growing, gaining weight or anything. She wets her diapers and poops still so shes obviously getting something but im scared shes allergic to my milk or something.

Note: it doesnt matter how well I burp her.
I have tried keeping her upward for half an hour after feeding or sleeping upward but that doesnt help.
I tried only feeding her one boob, waiting, then offering the other so she had time to digest a bit, but that didnt help either.

She is mommys little spit up queen... and it's worrying me.

Replies

• IrishIz
    by IrishIz
    November 14, 2012 at 7:14 PM

First, if she's peeing and pooping enough she's getting enough.  Sometimes what comes back out looks like a lot more than went in.  How many pees and poops is she having each day? 

She could have reflux...and this is actually normal and doesn't need to be treated if the only issue is lots of laundry.

I also wonder if you have an over active letdown.  Have you tried nursing her with you reclined?

• mymummum
    November 14, 2012 at 8:09 PM

it could be acid reflux my little guy had it, he has out grown it now tho

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts