Babies

Featured Posts
Darby571
Colic Remedies
November 13, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Has anyone heard of putting grape jelly on a pacifer? Or boiling onions in water? I have also heard of chamomile tea? I am not sure how to administer this remedies... Does anyone have the correct dosage/directions for any of these remedies or have used them with their infant? Does anyone have any colic remedies? I have used

1. Vaccum cleaner

2. Gripe Water

3. Mylican Drops

My daughter is on nutramigen now and I am using doctor browns bottles ... she will be two months on Thurs. I can say that she has def gotten better ... I have heard that fussiness subsides by 12 weeks or 12 lbs but some of the mommy posts I have been reading say later ..... any advise or stories will be so helpful!

Janice

Replies

• abra
    by abra
    November 13, 2012 at 5:58 PM
    Colic is what doctors diagnose when they dont actually know what is wrong with the baby. It could be digestion, it could be they are in pain from the delivery, it could be soooo mant different causes. They are ways to pacify unhappy babies, but there is no cure for colic.
  • AshleySail
    November 13, 2012 at 5:59 PM
    You should take your baby to a chiropractor
  • junebutterfly
    November 13, 2012 at 6:01 PM
    I would just use Hylands colic tablets , they are tiny all natural tablets that dissolve very quickly.
  • abra
    by abra
    November 13, 2012 at 6:01 PM
    I agree. Two of my babies were colicy...i took them to the chiropractor and that solved the problem. They both had thier back and/or neck out.

Quoting AshleySail:

You should take your baby to a chiropractor
  • abra
    by abra
    November 13, 2012 at 6:03 PM
    I believe those have chamomile in them, which is an anti-inflammatory, which is why it can help babies in pain.

Quoting junebutterfly:

I would just use Hylands colic tablets , they are tiny all natural tablets that dissolve very quickly.
  • LucyMom08
    November 13, 2012 at 6:48 PM
    Why is she on Nutramigen?
  • junebutterfly
    November 13, 2012 at 7:11 PM
    Idk but they have always helped my babies. I love Hylands products :)

Quoting abra:

I believe those have chamomile in them, which is an anti-inflammatory, which is why it can help babies in pain.

Quoting junebutterfly:

• abra
    by abra
    November 13, 2012 at 7:49 PM
    Me too. I use calms forte when we travel. :)

Quoting junebutterfly:

Idk but they have always helped my babies. I love Hylands products :)

Quoting abra:

Quoting junebutterfly:

• Darby571
    November 16, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I went to the doctor and asked for a smaple of the nutramigen because she was exhibiting symptoms of colic and I had read that so many babies were helped once they switched to nutramigen and she has imprived but I'm not sure f its the nutramigen or the fact that sh is gettting older. 

• Darby571
    November 18, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Just wanted to say thanks for all the advise!! I bought th highlands tablets and so far so good

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts