Featured Posts
Dragonmamas
Possible Chicken Pox?
Ari
October 22, 2012 at 9:26 PM
My oldest (7) has tons of red spots that look like mosquito bites or hives on his belly, back and arms. A couple on his legs and face have appeared in the last hour. I would say he has at least 40 of them.

My middle son (5) has a few as well. One on the back of his neck and three on his legs. They look exactly the same as DS1's.

Neither of them had them this morning and they weren't outside at all. They act fine. No fevers, no tempers, no itching.

I gave them Benedryl and put Calomine on their bumps.

Any opinions/advice?

Replies

• Baby_Avas_Momma
    October 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM
    Hmm bump!
  • proudmommy690
    October 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM
    Weird. Could be. ?
  • Countrygerl
    October 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Please don't bite my head off for asking this but have the been vaccinated for chicken pox? If they have there is a very small if any chance of them getting it. I just ask because both of my dd got vaccinated for it when they were babies.

• Dragonmamas
    Ari
    October 22, 2012 at 10:05 PM
    You know, I'm really not sure. They are fully vaccinated so if that is one of the normal scheduled vaccinations then yes. Of course I'm sure not knowing makes me sound like a terrible mother, lol so no head biting.

Quoting Countrygerl:

Please don't bite my head off for asking this but have the been vaccinated for chicken pox? If they have there is a very small if any chance of them getting it. I just ask because both of my dd got vaccinated for it when they were babies.

• hippiemamax3
    October 22, 2012 at 10:05 PM
    Its actually very possible for vaccinated kids to get it. They just usually get mild cases.

Quoting Countrygerl:

• MumsTheWord571
    October 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM
    I'd keep an eye on it. Give them cool baths in case if its a heat rash. Any itching or fevers and see the dr.
  • Countrygerl
    October 22, 2012 at 10:11 PM

The chicken pox vaccine is a sceduled vaccination so they more then likly have had it but then again they could still get a very mild case still. I say if they start to itch and can't stop. I would take them to the dr.

Quoting Dragonmamas:

You know, I'm really not sure. They are fully vaccinated so if that is one of the normal scheduled vaccinations then yes. Of course I'm sure not knowing makes me sound like a terrible mother, lol so no head biting.

Quoting Countrygerl:

• zoenlandonsmom
    October 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Hand foot and mouth is similar to chicken pox maybe its that?

• tyrelsmom
    October 23, 2012 at 10:08 AM
    Unlikely if they haven't had a fever. But possible.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts