Babies

Featured Posts
jessicaaris
Do you and your DH/SO keep your finances seperate?
October 14, 2012 at 11:05 PM

If so why? If not, why not?

credit card

Replies

• jessicaaris
    October 14, 2012 at 11:05 PM

DH and I keep ours together. We didn't have anything when we met so everything we have we share together, that is just always how its been.

• abra
    by abra
    October 14, 2012 at 11:06 PM
    Nope. What is mine is his and vis versa. Biblical Marriage is about two people becoming one and withholding anything from one another gets in the way of that goal.
  • first.time.momy
    October 14, 2012 at 11:07 PM
    Nope. Well I guess the only thing that we really keep seperate is our cell phones. But that is just because we are both in the middle of contracts. But other than that we view things as 'our' expenses. And 'our' money.
  • sissy852
    October 14, 2012 at 11:08 PM
    we keep it together. I was raised that what is mine is his and his is mine. So was he. And we only have one income so if we didnt work together we would be in trouble
  • Turtledoves
    October 14, 2012 at 11:35 PM
    It's together. We share everything, especially our finances. It makes us a unit, a team undivided. We both work towards the same financial goals of paying off all school loans as fast as possible and get us clear of any debt. If we had two different accounts, it would be a struggle.
  • larissalarie
    October 14, 2012 at 11:37 PM
    Yes, we do keep somewhat separate finances (even though I've been a SAHM for 3 years now, lol). It has absolutely nothing to do with not being completely joined and in this together, sharing all assets (and honestly people who have to "prove" their union like that make me wonder...I have no doubts about people with joint finances just people who have to make a big deal about it)
    Why? Because I'm really, really good with managing money and my husband isn't. He will make sure he sets back enough to pay bills and then spends until he's broke. That stresses me out, I have to have a savings as a cushion for emergencies/unexpected stuff (he thinks a couple hundred extra bucks is a savings), so it's just what we agree is smarter for me to manage the bulk of our income and to have separate accounts.
  • jamamama00
    October 14, 2012 at 11:42 PM
    We keep completely separate finances. We've never combined accounts, credit cards, nothing....even our home is solely in my name. My family's accountants and estate planners absolutely forbid me from combining, and we are fine with that. I don't want him to scrutinize my purchases any more than he would want me to do his.
  • lauratupper
    October 15, 2012 at 12:01 AM

separate, but we don't live together yet. Once that happens then I am sure we will have them together.

• Mrs.Velasquez
    October 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM
    I'm a sahm so everything is in his account.

When I do go back to work, it will be Separate, because I have some legal issues that need resolving.
  • Firenygirl180
    October 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

We have a joint account that we opened just so I could be added to his health insurance.  I have been a SAHM since DS was born and I am just now heading back to work part time since we are expecting #2.  

I think we will keep the joint account and we will each put $XXX amount in each month to cover bills, once I have a full time job, and then we will have our own accounts that we can use for our needs.  We will still discuss wants with each other before making large purchases. 

I plan on putting at least $25 per month in each childs account as well.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN