Babies

emilymomma133
eczema
October 14, 2012 at 1:03 PM
My DD has a patch of eczema on her elbow and hand. Her pediatrician said to use hydrocortisone cream twice a day for a week and eucerin or aveeno every diapet change. Well I did that and it is 90% cleared, but not completely gone. Her hand is a little worse because she sucks on it. Any ideas?

Replies

• abra
    by abra
    October 14, 2012 at 2:57 PM
    Try Sudocrem. You can get it off amazon.com and it has worked well when my sons' eczema has gotten out of control.
  • addiesmommy1109
    October 14, 2012 at 2:59 PM
    Aquaphor helps my oldest
  • sikkr
    by sikkr
    October 14, 2012 at 4:43 PM
    We use aqua phor with my daughters eczema. Plus lotioned her up real good after baths and didn't bath her everyday. It increases dryness. Now she is almost two and it pops up very rarely.
  • lauratupper
    October 14, 2012 at 5:50 PM

bump!

• abra
    by abra
    October 14, 2012 at 6:38 PM
    :)
  • abra
    by abra
    October 14, 2012 at 6:39 PM
    Oh, yeah! I usually sponge bathe my DS instead of a full on bath with soap. We only do those every couple months.

Quoting sikkr:

We use aqua phor with my daughters eczema. Plus lotioned her up real good after baths and didn't bath her everyday. It increases dryness. Now she is almost two and it pops up very rarely.
  • sikkr
    by sikkr
    October 14, 2012 at 8:53 PM
    We bathe Bella probably every other day and cover her head to toe with lotion. Hydrocortisone cream for outbreaks.
  • allgood1108
    October 14, 2012 at 9:31 PM
    Vanicream is working really well for us.
  • reneemc10
    October 16, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I have found this GREAT lotion with Amazing results! It's all natural and the company also makes GREAT laundry soap and cleaning products that are all natural.  I plan on keeping all harsh chemicals out of my house from now on! I never really knew what was in the stuff I was using until my LO came around! It's scary what's out there!  If you would like more info, message me... I would LOVE to share these great products!  A large majority of the products contain tea tree oil (google it... GREAT stuff!!).

Babies