Babies

mom_to_kenzie
swollen lymphnode(sp?)?
October 11, 2012 at 12:51 PM
I just noticed ds has a small ball like lump under the skin. It's right under his hairline, on the right side, more towards the middle than his ear. It feels like it moves easily and he's had a small cough/hasn't felt good the last few days along with a low very low grade fever (99.8-100) for two days. Other than that, he's acting fine, a little clingy and quiet a bit more fussy at nap time (but I think that he just doesn't want to go down). Could this just be a swollen lymphnode (so?)? He already has his 15 month visit scheduled so I plan to bring it up to the doc. Anyone else ever experience anything like this?

Replies

• mommy2xp
    October 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM
    No I haven't.
  • LongBeachLiz
    October 11, 2012 at 12:53 PM
    I thought lymph node was under the jaw line between chin and ear.
  • LongBeachLiz
    October 11, 2012 at 12:55 PM
    Swollen lymphnode means they are fighting something. If its just a little swollen and goes away within a few days it's ok. If it gets golf ball size then go to the doctor.
  • mom_to_kenzie
    October 11, 2012 at 1:15 PM
    Quoting LongBeachLiz:

Swollen lymphnode means they are fighting something. If its just a little swollen and goes away within a few days it's ok. If it gets golf ball size then go to the doctor.

Thanks. I just noticed it this morning, so I don't know how long it's been there, but just from feeling it when I put ds down for a nap it already felt less swollen (if that makes sense).
  • skmehlebam
    October 11, 2012 at 1:15 PM
    You have them by your bikini line, throat, behind ears, under arms and that's the only places I know of.

Op if he's sick then that likely explains it. If it stays swollen for an extended amount of time then id have it checked out but its normal for lymph nodes to swell during illness.

Quoting LongBeachLiz:

I thought lymph node was under the jaw line between chin and ear.

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts