Babies

ZoeysMom11
bathtime wars! help please!
October 10, 2012 at 8:24 PM

my dd used to love bathtime, she splashed and played with her toys and never gave us any trouble but now she kicks, screams and throws toys. it has been hell. has anyone else experienced this? if so what did you do to make it fun again??

Replies

• lauratupper
    October 10, 2012 at 8:46 PM

my ds is going through this right now...haven't figured it out yet...I've just been washing his hands constantly and sponge bathing him cause he won't go near the tub!

• skylarkdancer
    October 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM
    Ladies found this link on pinterest thought it looked awesome...don't know how to make it clickable
    http://www.growingajeweledrose.com/2012/03/outer-space-themed-bath.html?m=1

• erikays
    by erikays
    October 11, 2012 at 8:00 AM
    Try changing up the toys and get some bath markers! My oldest was the same way, he loved it til one day he would scream. We changed all his toys and got him some markers and he was super happy!
  • abra
    by abra
    October 11, 2012 at 7:37 PM
    how old is your daughter?
  • abra
    by abra
    October 11, 2012 at 9:59 PM
    bump
  • kirstina
    October 11, 2012 at 10:06 PM
    how old is the baby? my son did this at about 6-7 months then about 2 months later he loved his bath agian. idk what changed.
  • ZoeysMom11
    October 11, 2012 at 11:19 PM

she is almost 15 months

Quoting abra:

• ZoeysMom11
    October 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

she is almost 15 months. she literally overnight changed how she felt about bathtime. all of a sudden she just hates it. i'm so lost :(

Quoting kirstina:

how old is the baby? my son did this at about 6-7 months then about 2 months later he loved his bath agian. idk what changed.

• Avetay
    by Avetay
    October 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM
    My ds did that too. One night I put glue sticks in the bath and turned off the light (door open with hall light on but the glow sticks kept the room bright) and boom ds had more fun "finding" the colors.
  • abra
    by abra
    October 12, 2012 at 12:06 AM
    My son did that too, around that age. I just started putting him in the tub while I took a shower with a bunch of toys and eventually he outgrew it. He is almost 2 and loves baths again!

Quoting ZoeysMom11:

she is almost 15 months

Quoting abra:

Babies