Babies

Featured Posts
kalliry
How much is too much?
by kalliry
October 9, 2012 at 2:48 PM
My son will be 9 weeks tomorrow. When I make his bottles i usually make 4 oz bottles. Somtimes hes satisfied but most of the time he still wants more. My husband said he shouldnt be drinking more than that but I feel like if hes still hungry why not a little more? Sometimes I will make one more oz but even then hes still hungry at times. Where would you cut them off as too much? And at 9the weeks what is the average ounce being eaten??

Replies

• kalliry
    by kalliry
    October 9, 2012 at 4:49 PM
    Unfortunately he tends to hate his paci. He will take it sometimes but not very often and he only sucks for a minute or two then spits it out.

Quoting Turtledoves:

Are you sure he's hungry? Maybe he just wants to suck. Try a pacifier after feedings and see if that soothes him.

• kalliry
    by kalliry
    October 9, 2012 at 4:50 PM
    Thank you mommas :)
  • emkirkley
    October 9, 2012 at 4:51 PM

10lbs x 2= 20oz per day minimum

10lbs x 2.5= 25oz per day maximum

11lbs x 2= 22oz per day minimum

11lbs x 2.5=27.5oz per day maximum...

take those numbers and divide by the typical number of feedings per day to get how many ounces per feeding.

and I agree, some babies just need to suck more than others, you might try a pacifier.

• sissy852
    October 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM
    my ds drank 9 oz at that age. And the doctor said as long as he wasnt getting sick it was ok
  • PrOuDaRmYWiF08
    October 9, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I always fed on demand, and if he seemed more hungry give him 1/2-1 oz more.

My 1st was already up to 6 oz at that point, but my 2nd ate 4 oz until he was 3 1/2 months old.

• erinsmom1964
    October 9, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I don't understand these questions really.  If hes hungry why wouldn't you feed him?  Unless he has a medical condition children don't overeat they eat what they need when they need.  If you were breastfeeding you would have no way to measure his intake and would have a more natural approach to one of the most basic natural things we as humans do...EAT.  

• kalliry
    by kalliry
    October 9, 2012 at 8:01 PM
    I did breastfeed for as long as I could but he was not getting enough so I stopped and just continued formula..I have heard of kids overeating and then making themselves sick..just didnt want that to happen..thanks..

Quoting erinsmom1964:

I don't understand these questions really.  If hes hungry why wouldn't you feed him?  Unless he has a medical condition children don't overeat they eat what they need when they need.  If you were breastfeeding you would have no way to measure his intake and would have a more natural approach to one of the most basic natural things we as humans do...EAT.  

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts