Featured Posts
AntzMom24
Should I be worried?
October 9, 2012 at 1:33 PM
My son just turned 9 weeks old and he has never had a solid bm. It's like soft serve ice cream to liquid. :( He just got the rotavirus vaccine so the pedi said that might help, but I don't know. He's half and half fomula and breast feeding, could that be what's causing this? Any tips on getting more solid poops would be appreciated. Oh! He usually has a bm every 2 to 3 days if that helps any. TYIA!!

Replies

• NowImAMom...
    October 9, 2012 at 1:35 PM
    I don't think it's anything to worry about. I think as solid food become a bigger part of their diet, their poops change.
  • NowImAMom...
    October 9, 2012 at 1:37 PM
    I read that as 9 months. You really don't have to worry. His poop is liquid because all he eats is liquid. It won't start to change until after he starts solids.
  • Baby_Avas_Momma
    October 9, 2012 at 1:38 PM
    Why do you want them to be more solid? Breastmilk is a natural laxative. Most breastfed babies have pretty much liquid poop until solids are introduced. Formula babies tend to have more solid poops because formula is hard to digest and usually causes constipation.
    I see no reason to worry.
  • larissalarie
    October 9, 2012 at 1:38 PM
    Liquid diet = liquid poop. Why would you want them solid? My kids never had solid poop before staying solid foods.
  • AntzMom24
    October 9, 2012 at 1:44 PM
    Thank you, ladies! I didn't want them solid, I just thought that they were supposed to be. I adopted my ss when he was 1 so never did the baby thing. I am completely out of my element with this lil guy. lol
  • abra
    by abra
    October 9, 2012 at 2:11 PM
    Sounds like is perfectly normal to me! :)
  • lauratupper
    October 9, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Quoting abra:

Sounds like is perfectly normal to me! :)

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    October 9, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Most babies don't start having solids poops until they start solid foods.

• Nicki1995
    October 9, 2012 at 3:41 PM
    What formula do you give him?
  • AntzMom24
    October 9, 2012 at 4:39 PM
    Gentlease.

Quoting Nicki1995:

What formula do you give him?
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts