Babies

Featured Posts
raylensmommy03
Still not sleeping through the night!!!
October 8, 2012 at 10:29 PM

My son will be 9 months in about a week and a half and is STILL waking up one or two times a night to eat, i think it is WAY past time that he should be sleeping all night...i thought we would of mastered this months ago. Any advice on what to do or things i should try to get him to sleep all night??

Replies

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    October 8, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I think that is very normal.  My daughter slept through the night at 8 months but my son did not until 13 months.  Sleeping through the night is just another milestone.

• dee1603
    by dee1603
    October 8, 2012 at 10:32 PM
    One thing is definitely shouldn't still be eating. I would get a pacifier and just go to his room, give him the paci, and leave.
  • deccaf
    by deccaf
    October 8, 2012 at 10:33 PM
    Dd just started sttn at 23 months.
  • szeimetz
    October 8, 2012 at 10:36 PM
    At around 9 or 10months my older son (who was formula fed after 5month) i would give him water at night- being thats not what he really wanted (mommy checks) he eventually stopped. Now my ds2 was ebf and still got up once to nurse in the middle of the night till like 14months when i just refused to night nurse and gave him a sippy of water
  • kris0921
    October 8, 2012 at 10:38 PM

My son didnt sleep all the way through the night until he was about a year. It is difficult, but normal!

• cherrywaves21
    October 8, 2012 at 10:38 PM
    He's hungry feed him. Why should he be sttn? Because a book says so? We cannot shove out children into pretty little boxes and expect them to do te same exact things other babies do.

My son wakes two times a night he's 10 months old, he doesn't eat though. But if he's hungry I can tell and will feed him.
  • Nicki1995
    October 8, 2012 at 10:44 PM
    Wow..My daughter has been sleeping throught the night (most of the time) since about a month and a half. She wears herself out during the day for sure though because she is SO active! Shes 6 months btw
  • raylensmommy03
    October 8, 2012 at 10:55 PM

see and most of my friends babies are doing the same thing, i dont know what to do different...

Quoting Nicki1995:

Wow..My daughter has been sleeping throught the night (most of the time) since about a month and a half. She wears herself out during the day for sure though because she is SO active! Shes 6 months btw

• ZakkarysMom
    October 8, 2012 at 10:58 PM
    My 1 yr old wakes up at least once a night still. I just give him a small bottle of water and he goes back to sleep.
  • mama2my2boys
    October 8, 2012 at 10:59 PM
    lol my son didnt sleep through the night till he was 5years old!....my second son slept through the night since birth he only woke maybe a handfull of times as a infant to eat at night....my daughter woke a few times a night she is 16months and still wakes at night but not to eat she just gets scared (so i sleep with her in her room) every baby is different and with your son being 9 months i dont see a prob giving him one bottle at night maybe try a paci so soothe him

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts