Featured Posts
proudmother3905
what to feed a 3month old.....
October 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM
I have recently decided to go green-so to speak-and decided to start making my daughters baby food....what are some good food combinations?

Replies

• frankiesma530
    October 10, 2012 at 7:51 PM
    Breastmilk. Your body is making it already.
  • Vero2410
    October 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM
    Yes, cause carseats and starting solids are a good comparison.
    Riiiight
    Quoting Mrs.Sells:

I bet your mother and grandmother weren't in car seats, but they are alive. I guess you should stop putting your children in them too. 

Quoting Vero2410:

Also to the ladies against her feeding her child solids, ask your mothers when they started solids on you or even your grandmothers when they started solids on your parents.

Some babies are ready for solids before others. My dd1 started at 3 months and dd2 started at 5 months. You just know when YOUR kids are ready.

• melindabelcher
    October 10, 2012 at 10:13 PM
    Don't feed the trolls!!!! :)
  • Mrs.Sells
    October 11, 2012 at 9:02 AM

You shouldn't care about me, you should care enough about your child to.

Quoting mcr17:

Now why would i waste my time trying to prove something to a faceless stranger? Oh that's right,i don't care enough about you to.

Quoting Mrs.Sells:

Find me one study that goes against the recommendations of the AAP and WHO

Quoting mcr17:

for every study that says one thing, theres another study that says another.

sorry but i trust my kids pediatricians. i will still make my own decisions for my kids though.

Quoting emkirkley:

gladly, but why not present relavent information to anyone who's reading and may be trying to decide what to do.  The AAP does research this for a reason, it causes life-long medical issues.

Quoting mcr17:

lets just let parents make their own decisions for their children then eh?

Quoting emkirkley:

Actually, that just means that your pediatrician (and anyone eles' pediatrician that is recommending this) is out of touch with the AAP and the research they've done on this in the last decade.  There is a REASON that it's not suggested 1) increased risk of childhood and adult obesity 2) increased risk of food and respiratory allergies 3) increased risk of type II diabetes 4) increased risk of choking and aspiration.

Quoting schatzi869:

These are the instructions given to me by my pediatrician four years ago, and it's the same thing my sister was told by her pediatrician 6 months ago. Don't like it? Good for you. I guess since we aren't talking about your child, your opinion doesn't really matter, now does it? Nah.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I can't believe people still believe this.

Times change, kid.

And on this site of all places lol! I thought current recs were known.

Quoting schatzi869:

For a 3 month old I would add a little rice cereal to the bottle. That should help fill her up and keep her belly full for a little longer.

• Mena929
    by Mena929
    October 11, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I wouldn't start solids until at least 6 months.

You really don't need to combine stuff either, especially for first foods. Avocado is a great first food.

• mcr17
    by mcr17
    October 11, 2012 at 3:23 PM
    I care enough about my child to know when she's ready for solids.i don't need any study to tell me

Quoting Mrs.Sells:

You shouldn't care about me, you should care enough about your child to.

Quoting mcr17:

Now why would i waste my time trying to prove something to a faceless stranger? Oh that's right,i don't care enough about you to.

Quoting Mrs.Sells:

Find me one study that goes against the recommendations of the AAP and WHO

Quoting mcr17:

for every study that says one thing, theres another study that says another.

sorry but i trust my kids pediatricians. i will still make my own decisions for my kids though.

Quoting emkirkley:

gladly, but why not present relavent information to anyone who's reading and may be trying to decide what to do.  The AAP does research this for a reason, it causes life-long medical issues.

Quoting mcr17:

lets just let parents make their own decisions for their children then eh?

Quoting emkirkley:

Actually, that just means that your pediatrician (and anyone eles' pediatrician that is recommending this) is out of touch with the AAP and the research they've done on this in the last decade.  There is a REASON that it's not suggested 1) increased risk of childhood and adult obesity 2) increased risk of food and respiratory allergies 3) increased risk of type II diabetes 4) increased risk of choking and aspiration.

Quoting schatzi869:

These are the instructions given to me by my pediatrician four years ago, and it's the same thing my sister was told by her pediatrician 6 months ago. Don't like it? Good for you. I guess since we aren't talking about your child, your opinion doesn't really matter, now does it? Nah.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I can't believe people still believe this.

Times change, kid.

And on this site of all places lol! I thought current recs were known.

Quoting schatzi869:

For a 3 month old I would add a little rice cereal to the bottle. That should help fill her up and keep her belly full for a little longer.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts