Featured Posts
CafeMom Team
What do you look for when buying a new toy?
October 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

We gave 100 influencer moms a VTECH TOY for their babies, aged 3 months - 36 months. Stay tuned to hear what our moms have to say about their child's experience with these fun toys.

Then, once our influencers have shared their stories, tell us what features you look for when buying your baby a new toy. 

( ) CafeMom Team

Replies

• MamaBear2cubs
    October 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM

First of all I'd like to say a big Thank you to Vtech and Cafemom for allowing my kids to try out such a cool new toy! We received the Catch Me Kitty! I was so happy to see the toy was not only educational but also allowed the children to interact and get up and get moving! My 2 and 3 year  year old were immediately excited,between the bright colors,fun music and fun interactive motions it was an instant hit! The kitty is darling and teaches ABC and Nursery rhymes as well as being motorized so the child can chase the kitty around! I was so happy to see it had a motion sensor and it actually maneuvered around objects in it's path and to my surprise they could use it not only on our hardwood and tile floors but on the carpet as well! I actually had to go out and get more batteries today because they used it all day yesterday! 

• BethRae
    by BethRae
    October 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM
    We received the vetch alphabet activity cube. I have twin 18 month olds. I also have a child that is 3yrs old but older than 36 months. As soon as I pulled the toy out of the box they were freaking out in excitement. They were playing with it before I took the packaging off. I was excited too. It had so many different buttons and light. I love that you can insert one of the blocks into the cube and it tells you what letter it is. My girls have been playing with it since we got it!! Definitely happy I was chosen. This is definitely a toy I'd buy for my kids and recommend to my friends.
  • Stevensmomma
    October 12, 2012 at 6:26 PM

"Happy lights Bear"  I hung it in his crib & it is used as a daytime toy, it's also a good stroller toy or car toy seeing as it has a strap you can easily remove and place it where you want it.

My ds was intrigued from the minute he saw it from the bright lights and music . The only thing I don't like is the on/off switch is right in the front and rather large so they can actually turn it off themself and get mad when they can't figure out how to turn it back on. 

The first thing to do is to press the heart in the center of the Bear's chest - that turns it on/off. Then under the heart there are three buttons to press - #'s 1, 2, & 3. Press #1 first & it says I'm hungry - yum, yum, yum. Then press #2 - I'm Happy! Then press #3 - I'm Sleepy - & it yawns. Then go through the number's again, 1-3 & it counts from 1-3. Finally go through the #'s once more & it plays a different melody of soft music for each #. The bear also lights up to the music.

I  have a 3 month old (whom I used it mostly for) and I also have a 4 year old who loved it too LOL.  My 3month old ds loves the lights and music and my four year old loves to press all the buttons and actually count with the bear. It's a neat little toy that can easily be taken with you when traveling may it be a short trip to the grocery store or a long car ride. Overall it's a very cute toy and I am very happy to have had this chance to be a part of this I would gladly do it again!!!

• k_hall1784
    October 12, 2012 at 6:58 PM

First and foremost, thank you to Cafemom and Vtech for choosing us to try out a new toy. We were lucky enough to try the oh so cute Catch Me Kitty. I instantly loved the bright colors, the catchy tunes, and the fact that it "runs" from the kids and also avoids obstacles by turning before it runs into a wall or anything in its way.  My 28 month old daughter squealed with delight as we both opened the box and she saw the vibrant colored feline. She loved pushing the shapes and listening to the songs and she literally ran herself silly trying to chase it. I was a bit surprised to see her show such an interest in Catch Me Kitty because she is a baby doll little girl. We only received it yesterday afternoon, but she has to have it all of the time. Anytime that I have put it away, a few minutes later she is walking around saying "kitty...where are you kitty". If she can't find him, she comes to me asking "mommy, where kitty?" All in all, we both loved  Catch Me Kitty and it is a toy that I would definitely buy and have already recommended to my family members and friends who have infants and toddlers.

• 2lilmamas
    October 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM

We want say Thanks to VTech toys and Cafemom for this awesome opportunity. I was astonished when I received the package yesterday. My 19 month year looked excited as I took out the VTech Activity cube. She couldn't resist and started touching the cube right away.

The Lights, music, the letters and buttons kept my daughter coming for more. She was so intrigued. My six year couldn't even help herself and started inserting the blocks in the cube. It was great to hear the Letters. I have to say that this has to be my littles favorite new toy. Not only has she been playing with it. But she also saying Hello a lot more because the little phone that is on the cube.

I would definately buy this but I also would recommend it. Its a great toy and its also very educational. You hear letters, number and nursery song all in one. What a great Toy with awesome concept.

• mommy2lexinmark
    October 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM

WE LOVVVVE our Happy Lights Bear by vtech! We had one a long time ago for our older 2 children, and I was super excited to see how my little ones would like it!! Well, Ryder who is 10 months was excited for a new toy. He then wasn't sure about the lights and noise, but quickly fell in love. Cassidy, 2, and Camryn, 3, enjoyed the bear as well!

Ryder first seeing the bear

Checking it out

Not so sure, lol

He lovvvvves it!!

Cassidy playing with the bear, Ryder thinks it's silly!

Camryn cuddling!

Thank you Cafemom!!

• EllesMomma7
    October 12, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I was so excited when the activity cube arrived for Lucy! It's the perfect size for her since she is learning how to stand now. She pulls herself up on it and it doesn't flip over. She is 9 months old and she is mesmerized by the lights and sounds. She just started crawling last month. When I showed her the new toy she crawled right up to it and started playing. She really likes standing and playing with the little ball track on top. Her 4 year old sister won't back away from it, either. I have to keep reminding her that it's Lucy's toy! The toy is perfect because it's sturdy. When Lucy bangs on the buttons, it doesn't move. I like how many songs it plays, too. Some toys only play one song over and over. It's enough to drive you crazy! This toy is perfect for Lucy.
  • EllesMomma7
    October 12, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Here is Lucy playing with it. I do think it's her favorite toy! Thank you so much, cafemom!
  • kellynh
    by kellynh
    October 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Catch Me Kitty!!!

I got this as part of the CM Influencer Program. Otherwise, he wouldn't have gotten a new toy so close to birthday or Christmas!! Lol!!

It's called Catch-Me-Kitty by Vtech!!! It's awesome!! He chases it all over, and I left an array of toys (actually dumped his toy boy) to see if he'd continue to play with it. He does. It has a sensor to go in the other direction when something is in its way. Either Wy, another toy, or couch, table, ect.

What impressed me... It has no prob going on carpet. Not a single hesitation, unlike others that need a carpet with no shag to it, or hardwood, or tiled floor. The only thing the sensor didn't recognize was the glass doors that go to the deck. It laughs and says, "catch me" and rolls away. If he catches it, it says, " you caught me". It also has a number learning aspect that you can change it to.

It's for 12-36mths. I am a pretty honest influencer. I don't always write good things, and I rarely post about them in my other groups. This one I posted in two of my baby groups about. I have to say, I would totally buy this and since so many members are looking for ideas for birthday and Christmas... I thought I'd give it a shout out!!! Def. LOVE!!!

Wyatt is 10 months old. I am the Mom of 4 and stepmom of 3. I also have a grandaughter, who is 19mths old. I am getting her one of these for Christmas.

• sissyboogs
    October 13, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Thank you VTech and Cafemom! This has been the most fun influencer I've done yet! =)

We received the Pour and Float Froggy. It's actually a bath toy. It can be played with in and out of the water. It has a big light up button in the middle of the frog's belly that plays music, sings songs, says numbers and phrases. It comes with 3 little cups that can be stacked and can be used to pour water into the frog's mouth. When water is poured in, water squirts back out like a fountain! There's also a little thing at the bottom of the toy that spins when water is poured over it, or it can be spun by running your fingers over it. 

My daughter is 2. She absolutely LOVES this toy. She was giggling all day with it. She couldn't wait for bathtime to see it in the water, and then she just had a ball there too! Even my 4 year old thought it was fun to play with. 

I don't see any negatives to this toy. I would definitely recommend it. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts