Featured Posts
CafeMom Team
What do you look for when buying a new toy?
October 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

We gave 100 influencer moms a VTECH TOY for their babies, aged 3 months - 36 months. Stay tuned to hear what our moms have to say about their child's experience with these fun toys.

Then, once our influencers have shared their stories, tell us what features you look for when buying your baby a new toy. 

( ) CafeMom Team

Replies

• daydreamer86
    October 16, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Thank you vtech and cafemom. My son just received this the happy lights bear today. My son is 15 months old and when he heard it he wanted it. He is playing with it non stop. I would recommend this toy to other moms.

• Katie44
    by Katie44
    October 16, 2012 at 5:52 PM

• Katie44
    by Katie44
    October 16, 2012 at 5:53 PM
    I want to thank Cafemom and VTech for this amazing oppurtunity. We recieved the Happy Lights Bear, when Addison saw me take it out of the box she grabbed it, she is 7 months old. She rolled with it, smiled, giggled. She loves it. It has numbers 1-3, lights up and music. I love r it too, Addison was so happy to see it, and she got it on her 7 month birthday, was awesome. Thank you again.
  • Katie44
    by Katie44
    October 16, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Loves her new toy
  • ShannaBee
    October 16, 2012 at 6:37 PM
    My DD loves the Catch Me If You Can Kitty. She even tried helping me get it out of the box, she was so excited to give it a try.

Michaela is 20 months old and has always been attracted to educational toys and anything that makes noise. She loves learning especially counting.

She has not put this toy down! She carries it around and loves on it.

I like that it moves from our carpet to hardwood floor easily. Michaela likes chasing it. I kind of wish it were a plush toy since she cuddles with it.

I give this toy a good review, my girl loves it. The only negative I see is navigating the educational features. The cat wants to ding and play music more than teach the shapes. We are still figuring it out.
  • erikays
    by erikays
    October 16, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Hey Ladies! We were chosen by Cafemom, to review Vtech's AMAZING Alaphabet Activity Cube. We have several Vtech toys in our house and you can always count on them to be a great quality toy.

Our package arrived!

My younger kiddos (23 months and 3.5 yrs old) dropped what they were doing and charged for the box lol!

Checking out their awesome new toy!

What I LOVE about this activity cube is that it is 5 sided, which means NO FIGHTING! Both of them had something to play with on each side. You dont find too many toys like that these days!

Another favorite part of the cube, is where you can put the blocks in and it tells you the letter and plays music! Also I love the big buttons for their tiny little fingers :)

Even my 7.5 yr old enjoyed building with the blocks on top of the cube and the "kiddie plinko" as I called it haha! There are 13, two sided blocks (less to lose lol) and the put and take side can also be used for a storage bin for them.

This toy is a huge hit in my house, I caught them playing with it at 6am one day, half way awake! :) I totally recommend the activity cube by Vtech, it can be used from when baby is starting to sit up til... well 7.5 yrs old haha :D

Thanks Cafemom and Vtech, we will def be buying more Vtech toys (my son told us he wants Cogsley and Touch & Teach Turtle lol) and recommending the activity cube!

dancing

• scharette
    October 16, 2012 at 7:21 PM

First I would like to tahnk VTech and Cafemom for this opportunity to try out this toy! Thad is almost one years old he will be one on the 20th and he started walking when he was 10 months old so he is in to everything! He loves toys that make noise and do fun things.  He is a very happy boy and gets excited about his favorite things. 

So, I just got my toy today, and I was sooo excited to open it and play with it with my son! He was taking a nap when it came, so I got it out and played with it for a bit and I was very surprised what it did.  I recieved the Catch Me Kitty toy and Thad has had a blast chasing it around. At first he just watched it but soon got up and started chasing it around.  He loves pushing the buttons and chasing it.  I haven't seen him react to a toy like this ever, so I am very happy with this toy!!! I will update with how he interacts with it as the week progresses, but if today was any indication of how he likes it, this will be a favorite here!

Overall, I love the toy, my son likes chasing it and it's the first toy that seems to "play" with them so that makes them interact with the toy.  I think I was just as excited to play with it as he was!  It's so cute and it engages them early and as they grouw with shapes and numbers and colors. It also encourages them to follow it in a friendly funny voice.  Very cute would buy or recommend to anyone with a baby that is either learning to walk or likes chasing things! So cute!

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    October 16, 2012 at 8:03 PM

WOW! CafeMom! Thank you so much for allowing us to try out this awesome toy! My daughter is almost 17 months old and sometimes toys can not hold her attention! Well, not this one! When the UPS guy arrived she was so excited and then when we opened the box she said...OOHHH! Lol! She played with it while we tried to take it out of the box even lol, and has been going for over 2 hours straight! We recieved the Alphabet Activity Cube. It is perfect to grow with and will last her for a long time! My first impression of the toy was much like my daughters! It is def a toy I would recommend to other parents and would have bought myself for her and other children in her age range! I love that it will continue to teach her her ABC's and really help with that process of growing and learning! Everything about this toy keeps her busy while learning at the same time! Here is a picture of her playing with it! : )

• maybebaby83
    October 16, 2012 at 8:36 PM

My daughter received the pour and float froggy bath toy today! While opening it I really didn't think my daughter Delaney was going to care for it..She turned 2 in September and loves baths BUT has a million bath toys and to be honest, this is not one I would have bought. I just had another baby this past September also, so she is just a month old. I thought for sure I would end up putting this away for her in a few months.

Well..... Bath time came and we got to try it out and my 2 year old loved it. I'm not sure if it is just b/c it is new or what, but she played with it the entire bath. She absolutely loves filling cups with water and dumping them so I think even if the toy did NOTHING else but had cups for pouring water she would be excited lol. But, this toy does spray water and sing songs as well. The only 2 complaints I would have about the toy are 1) NO volume control. I usually go insane when toys have no volume control... and 2) It shuts off on it's own and cannot just be turned off.. Luckily it doesn't take too awful long to shut off..

Overall I would say, much to my surprise, my daughter actually did love this toy. Even after her bath was over she asked to have it outside the tub to play with and carried it around all night with her pressing the buttons and playing the music. I am very anxious to see if it continues to be a favorite the rest of the week, or if it was just a huge success b/c it was new.... I will keep you posted :)

Thank you so much cafemom and Vtech for letting us try this out! I was very happily surprised at the outcome!

• maybebaby83
    October 16, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Oh and also we live in Florida, so the froggy will make an EXCELLENT pool toy!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts