Babies

Featured Posts
CafeMom Team
What do you look for when buying a new toy?
October 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

We gave 100 influencer moms a VTECH TOY for their babies, aged 3 months - 36 months. Stay tuned to hear what our moms have to say about their child's experience with these fun toys.

Then, once our influencers have shared their stories, tell us what features you look for when buying your baby a new toy. 

( ) CafeMom Team

Replies

• sunshinepraying
    October 16, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Hello! I am a mother of a 17 month old daughter and an almost 5 yr old son. We received our VTech Toy today and were so excited when we saw it! We received the VTech Alphabet Activity Center. As soon as I took it out of the box, my daughter immediately come over and started playing with it. She was so excited and all smiles. My daughter especially enjoyed the different buttons for the piano and buttons for the phone. She is very big with pretending to talk on the phone, so she was very drawn to that and started pretending to talk on it and getting Mommy to talk on the phone. My son also ran right to it when he got home from school and started playing alongside of my daughter. I think it's great toy. I also like the storage place for the blocks. The only thing I would change is the maze part. The idea of it is nice, but the blocks don't fall down through it easily. But overall, it's great and I would recommend it to other moms with little ones. ;)

• ZakkarysMom
    October 16, 2012 at 11:48 AM
    The Vtech toy just came in the mail today! We received the Vtech happy lights bear. I'm so excited to show my son his new toy. I will come back later and post about it!
  • divamommao
    October 16, 2012 at 12:47 PM

First I want to say thank you to cafe mom and vtech.

My child recieved the catch-me kitty.

She is 11 months old. She is very curious, mobile, loves things that talk and move.  As soon as I got it I opened it. She loves it.

Even the cat liked it. She was crawling after it and when she caught it she was giving it kisses

She had a blast chasing it around the living. This is a great toy for any child. She loved the lights and that it moved around. I would highly reccomend this to other moms, grandparents, aunts, uncles to purchase for a gift. It was such a joy  to hear her laugh and play with it.

She would pick the kitty over most of her other toys. She followed it around. She really enjoyed the catch me kitty.

The bright colors and songs are great. And I love how it avoides or turns to go around stuff. It is a smart toy.  Defiantly reccomending this to family and friends..

Thank you again cafemom and Vtech. I am a fan of vtech already but this just reminds me of how great the toys are. Thank you again..

• splatz
    by splatz
    October 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Just got our package. We got the activity cube. Oh man this thing is HUGE!

Quoting ashleywagoner:

Same here :)

Quoting splatz:

I can't wait to see which one the UPS man drops off! 

• BabyLucasMom
    October 16, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Hi and thank you so much for this opportunity!!!!

I just got the Catch me Kitty in the mail. I'm so excited. My daughter is taking her nap and hasn't seen it yet. So I'll give you my very fist impressions.

1- So exciting! I think she'll love it. She is 2 years and 4 months. I think my 5 year old will love it too!!

2- Yay! It's educational!!

3- Yay! It makes them move around.

4- Hi tech. It detects obstacles and it detects when your child will be close so it runs away. Looks like fun!

5- I have to explore it and see if it has a volume switch.

6- It looks expensive!!

7- I hope the batteries last.

8- Overall first impression: so cute and fun! Can't wait to show it to my daughter.

• Sunshine2plus2
    October 16, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Oh my goodness thank you so much!! Our toy arrived today, it more than I excepted!! Julissa sit on my lap and we took the activity cube out of it box! She loved it and its going to be great to help her with her letters!! She is still playing with her new toy!!! She loves it and so do I!!  Thank you so much!!

• begamom
    by begamom
    October 16, 2012 at 3:02 PM
    Hi! I have 3 kiddos, a 6yr old son, a 3yr old son (actually 41 months if we're being technical lol), and a 28 month old daughter. We just received our toy, a vtech catch me kitty. My 2yr old is taking a nap so I opened it up to show my 3yr old. He loves it! He was laughing and giggling with it for a long time. Now he refuses to let it go lol. I have a feeling it will cause a fight once my 2yr old wakes up! I will update after we play with it some more
    Update-my dd did like it also for the 2 minutes my ds let her play with it. He loves it so much that he slept with it and had to take it to school with him!!!
  • Augmama2be
    October 16, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Thank you Cafemom and VTech! We received the Happy Lights Bear and my daughter (26 months) keeps saying Thank you Mommy :) My 3 month old is fascinated by the lights, but it's a little too much for her right now. It's also a little basic for my two year old, but she does still enjoy playing with it. I would probably recommend it most for the 9 month - 18 month age range. Again, thanks for providing my girls with a fun toy!!

• silence68shh
    October 16, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Thank you so much VTech and Cafemom!!! We got the Alphabet Activity Cube and my daughter LOVES it!! 

I thought about buying her one but since she is 13 months old I thought she might be to old for it. Boy was I wrong!! 

She loves dropping the blocks through the different pegs to watch them come out, putting them in the shape sorter side and even pushing buttons and answering the phone when it rings. This is the first toy she has sat and played with in so long, I am so greatful to have it!! I've already posted in several other places how awesome it is!

• meam4444
    October 16, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Thank you Cafemom and Vtech!!!!  I received the Vtech Alphabet Activity Cube for my children.  I have a five, four, two and one year old.  The two and one year old enjoyed the cube the most (although the five year old was just playing with it a few minutes ago!!).  My two and one year old love toys which light up, make noises, and have an endless of possibilities of activities for them to do.  The Vtech Alphabet Activity Cube is the perfect toy!  I will update this post once we have had it for a little bit longer, but so far, all of my children adore it.

As a mom, I appreciate how this toy educates a child while making it fun.  Also, I love how more than one child can play with it.  Here are a few pictures and videos (the videos may seem a little redundant--I just wanted to make sure the majority of the features were shown):

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts