Babies

CafeMom Team
What do you look for when buying a new toy?
October 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

We gave 100 influencer moms a VTECH TOY for their babies, aged 3 months - 36 months. Stay tuned to hear what our moms have to say about their child's experience with these fun toys.

Then, once our influencers have shared their stories, tell us what features you look for when buying your baby a new toy. 

( ) CafeMom Team

Replies

• Kmakksmom
    November 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

That activity cube looks awesome!

• kellynh
    by kellynh
    November 9, 2012 at 9:19 AM
    Something that will occupy them for more then 10 minutes
  • MamaBear2cubs
    November 9, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Looks fun!

Quoting 2lilmamas:

We want say Thanks to VTech toys and Cafemom for this awesome opportunity. I was astonished when I received the package yesterday. My 19 month year looked excited as I took out the VTech Activity cube. She couldn't resist and started touching the cube right away.

The Lights, music, the letters and buttons kept my daughter coming for more. She was so intrigued. My six year couldn't even help herself and started inserting the blocks in the cube. It was great to hear the Letters. I have to say that this has to be my littles favorite new toy. Not only has she been playing with it. But she also saying Hello a lot more because the little phone that is on the cube.

I would definately buy this but I also would recommend it. Its a great toy and its also very educational. You hear letters, number and nursery song all in one. What a great Toy with awesome concept.

• KristinRox
    November 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I always look at durability when it comes to toys. I want something that is going to stay together if its dropped 15 times. I want something that doesnt have parts that are going to come off and go missing. If its durable, its probably a good toy in my books. 

• countrygirlkat
    November 9, 2012 at 12:30 PM

That kitty looks really cool!  My son is 19 months and this is making me think about it for Christmas!

Quoting k_hall1784:

First and foremost, thank you to Cafemom and Vtech for choosing us to try out a new toy. We were lucky enough to try the oh so cute Catch Me Kitty. I instantly loved the bright colors, the catchy tunes, and the fact that it "runs" from the kids and also avoids obstacles by turning before it runs into a wall or anything in its way.  My 28 month old daughter squealed with delight as we both opened the box and she saw the vibrant colored feline. She loved pushing the shapes and listening to the songs and she literally ran herself silly trying to chase it. I was a bit surprised to see her show such an interest in Catch Me Kitty because she is a baby doll little girl. We only received it yesterday afternoon, but she has to have it all of the time. Anytime that I have put it away, a few minutes later she is walking around saying "kitty...where are you kitty". If she can't find him, she comes to me asking "mommy, where kitty?" All in all, we both loved  Catch Me Kitty and it is a toy that I would definitely buy and have already recommended to my family members and friends who have infants and toddlers.

• Wish2Be
    by Wish2Be
    November 9, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I look for educational use and durablility most.

• Bob192
    by Bob192
    November 10, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I was at a play group today and the kids there had the VTech Remote Racer Smart Car.  This is going on my boys' Christmas list!  It was so cool, because all the 2 year olds could operate it.  They all wanted to play with it!

• MamaBear2cubs
    November 11, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Such cute toys!

• Madelaine
    November 11, 2012 at 10:29 AM

awesome!

• countrygirlkat
    November 11, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I like to look for toys that are small enough to be portable so we can take them with us if we are going somewhere the baby needs to be entertained at.  It is also huge that they be washable so we can get rid of germs!

Babies