Babies

Featured Posts
CafeMom Team
What do you look for when buying a new toy?
October 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

We gave 100 influencer moms a VTECH TOY for their babies, aged 3 months - 36 months. Stay tuned to hear what our moms have to say about their child's experience with these fun toys.

Then, once our influencers have shared their stories, tell us what features you look for when buying your baby a new toy. 

( ) CafeMom Team

Replies

• expectantmom81
    December 26, 2012 at 12:29 PM
    Price, quality, and what it does.
  • kbug327james
    December 27, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I look for the age range, battery life, and develepmental features. 

• stephwordelman1
    December 28, 2012 at 3:32 PM

i got dd the vtech bear for christmas i thought was very cute, but my dd more into her vtech house she got for christmas from a friend

Quoting Stevensmomma:

"Happy lights Bear"  I hung it in his crib & it is used as a daytime toy, it's also a good stroller toy or car toy seeing as it has a strap you can easily remove and place it where you want it.

My ds was intrigued from the minute he saw it from the bright lights and music . The only thing I don't like is the on/off switch is right in the front and rather large so they can actually turn it off themself and get mad when they can't figure out how to turn it back on. 

The first thing to do is to press the heart in the center of the Bear's chest - that turns it on/off. Then under the heart there are three buttons to press - #'s 1, 2, & 3. Press #1 first & it says I'm hungry - yum, yum, yum. Then press #2 - I'm Happy! Then press #3 - I'm Sleepy - & it yawns. Then go through the number's again, 1-3 & it counts from 1-3. Finally go through the #'s once more & it plays a different melody of soft music for each #. The bear also lights up to the music.

I  have a 3 month old (whom I used it mostly for) and I also have a 4 year old who loved it too LOL.  My 3month old ds loves the lights and music and my four year old loves to press all the buttons and actually count with the bear. It's a neat little toy that can easily be taken with you when traveling may it be a short trip to the grocery store or a long car ride. Overall it's a very cute toy and I am very happy to have had this chance to be a part of this I would gladly do it again!!!

• maybebaby83
    January 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Just to update on this... I received the bath froggy... Well, It has ALREADY stopped squirting water.Still plays music and you can hear it making noise like it is trying to squirt out water, but nothing comes out.... I'm really disappointed in this toy and wouldn't recommend it to anyone :(

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN