Featured Posts
Mrs.Burke11
stranger anxiety???
October 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Has anyone dealt with a baby that has stranger anxiety? My daughter has had bad stranger anxiety since about 2 months old even to the point that if I leave her with my husband she will cry/fuss the whole time I'm gone... What can I do?

Replies

• robibuni
    October 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM
    It may not be stranger anxiety. She may just be high needs.
  • Mrs.Burke11
    October 7, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Last time the Dr picked her up she screamed with tears going down her face until I nursed her =(

Quoting robibuni:

It may not be stranger anxiety. She may just be high needs.

• auntangelofsix
    October 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM
    My 9 month old is at that stage right now a week ago i took him to the dr.for a cold and he cried when he saw and the dr was messing with him..
  • LongBeachLiz
    October 8, 2012 at 1:01 AM
    2 months old is a bit too young for stranger danger but before a year is very common for stranger danger and you just have to get through the phase and make them feel secure an everything is ok.
    I would have your husband be more interactive and hold your baby while you're there and let her be comfortable with him.
  • mysticfaery25
    October 8, 2012 at 1:41 AM
    My son is the same way. He would not go to anyone, not even dad. He's now 10 months old and he will stay with daddy for 15-30 min before crying. He will not go to his grandparents and sometimes if they talk to him he will just start crying lol. It makes my job harder since no one can help me with him but I'm hoping he will grow out of his clingy phase.
  • graycalico
    October 8, 2012 at 1:45 AM
    My ds is the same way. My SO's mom gets so mad because I'm not willing to let him just cry while she holds him. He's thirteen months old now and has been this way since he was little.
  • Mrs.Burke11
    October 8, 2012 at 1:53 AM

You would think 2 months was to young but its true the Dr even thought it was kinda strange that she had a aversion to new people. She will only allow 3 people to hold her with me and my mom being able to hold her the longest. I didn't have this problem with my boys. I try to get Dh to interact with her more but he starts to get stressed out when she starts to get fussy.

Quoting LongBeachLiz:

2 months old is a bit too young for stranger danger but before a year is very common for stranger danger and you just have to get through the phase and make them feel secure an everything is ok.
    I would have your husband be more interactive and hold your baby while you're there and let her be comfortable with him.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts