Babies

lovefromwithin
Post Partum hair loss? :(
October 7, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Hi,

I'm currently 6 months post partum and my hair has been falling out like crazy since 2 months PP. My hair stylist today said that she had read in school on time that post partum hair loss stops eventually. She actually seemed concerned when a whole bunch of hair came off into her hand...

Are or have any of you have had experience with this or know some info on it? 

Thanks so much in advance.

Replies

• Eliots_momma
    October 7, 2012 at 11:54 PM
    I'm 4 months pp and losing hair like crazy! I think it has something to do with breastfeeding and I just got the Mirena 2 months ago. I hope it stops soon.
  • Mrs.Brugger
    October 7, 2012 at 11:56 PM

My DD is almost 4 mos and I'm still losing a lot of hair. It's so gross. I had to buy a shower drain cover thing and I hate showering with DH bc I don't want him to see how much hair comes out. hah. I'm just hoping it stops soon! I don't remember this with my son.

• tealafaye
    October 8, 2012 at 4:54 AM

I am experiencing the same thing and it's driving me CRAZY hopefully it stops SOON!!!!frustrated

• pinkiebabii
    October 8, 2012 at 5:53 AM
    I am also 6m pp and my hair is still falling out in globs.
  • weirdkids
    October 8, 2012 at 5:59 AM
    OMG mine came out in handfulls until a few months ago. (My youngest turned 2 yesterday) I stopped it by cutting it all off lol. Stress will do it too
  • Tutumommy4
    October 8, 2012 at 6:10 AM
    My DD is 14 months and I still loose a ton of hair! I also still breastfeed. I wear my hair up a lot so that prolly dosn't help.
  • SarineLewis
    October 8, 2012 at 6:42 AM
    Mine started slowing down about that time. :) Maybe some remedies can help. Saw one on pinterest today with coconut. It said something about making hair grow fast.
  • aodate26
    October 8, 2012 at 8:08 AM

yup.  i heard a lot about this while pregnant and was very scared.  I am currently 3/12 months pp and my hair is now starting to fall out.  It appears that the duration of hair loss is very different for everyone though, but the one consistent thing I've heard is that you should continue taking vitamins, which it appears you are!  and i too have gotten a hair cut, but I may need to go shorter :-/

• vasudhareva
    December 27, 2012 at 7:21 AM

I think you should suddenly rush to doctor and let them aware of your condition. they wil definately have the solution of your problem.

alopecia treatment

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts