Babies

Featured Posts
StephFerrero
She won't stop gagging herself!
October 6, 2012 at 10:20 PM

My daughter is 3 1/2 months and is getting her first 2 teeth (at the same time). She can't really hold a teether and she refuses pacifiers. So she chews on her fingers. I can't keep them out of her mouth for longer than a minute. The problem is, she sticks 2 or 3 fingers in her mouth at a time and gags herself. She's constantly puking up her formula because she shoves her fingers down her throat. I don't know what to do to keep her hands out of her mouth. Is this normal? It can't be. It really worries me. I don't know what to do. Or if there's anything I *can* do. I'm lost.

Replies

• bpryce
    by bpryce
    October 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM
    Its normal for babies and even toddlers to gag themselves, try giving her a cold wash rag or just a blanket might work, if you put them over her hands it might help her from not gagging. Obviously just keep an eye on her when doing this
  • LongBeachLiz
    October 6, 2012 at 10:24 PM
    Tylenol might help with the pain so that she need to chew on herself as much. I agree with the cold wash cloth too.
  • Mrs.Velasquez
    October 6, 2012 at 10:33 PM
    My dd2 used to do this.
    I was in the same position as u. It's just phase they go through. They are just explore, no worries Hun it will pass.
  • lauratupper
    October 6, 2012 at 11:03 PM

bump!

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts