Babies

Featured Posts
Kaya529
Giving major props to the moms...
by Kaya529
October 6, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Of little ones close in age. I have been taking care of DS who is about 11 months and my niece who is 3 months. I am exhausted. I have no clue how you gals do it everyday.

Replies

• MommyOfOnee
    October 8, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I've always been like that, unfortunately. I wish I could say no, because then I go through this were I feel terrible for saying I would then backing out. But I've had him since the beginning of August, and its just too much. Its not fair to DD, because I had decided to be a SAHM for her, and now its hard everyday because she doesn't get any time with her mom. And I get stressed and irritated and that's not good for any of us, and its not fair to him at all. My dad pulls the whole "your the only one we trust with him" and stuff which makes it harder but I already told him when I start school I couldn't do it anymore, I just now realized that I cant wait till then. I need to get stuff together now, and this stress isn't good for DD or him. And I already took 2 finals, and I passed all my pre-tests, but I'm a little nervous about math (I suck lol) that one I was trying to study for, but I think I am just gonna wing it and see how it goes. I think I'll do fine, I just need to finish it up and move on. I'm going for my psychology degree (hopefully) and I want to start ASAP. 

Quoting Kaya529:

You sound like me. You can't say no and end up over doing it. With that many siblings they should be able to find someone else that can do it.

Don't stress too much about the GED. It is the easiest thing I have ever done. I started to study for it and realized it was just a waste of time. Walked in and aced it.

Quoting MommyOfOnee:

That's what I'm afriad of with my brother. He was a wicked sweet baby, but he has 8 siblings, 21,19,19,17,16,15,14,14,&13,(my dad had 4,step mom 5, brother makes 6) so he has a lot of attention. Only 4 of my brothers&sisters live at home, but still. Plus up till 7mo ago I didn't have a baby and had him ALOT. So he's very jealous. My dad just picked him up and since 3pm nothing but screams and cries because I was trying to take care of DD. On top of that, trying to study for GED, go through college options, keep house clean, laundry, 2dogs, and SO working long hours is really overwhelming me, so tomorrow I'm going to tell my step mom it's not working. I knew I shouldn't have started watching him, I already have a lot on my plate but my dad is sooo good at guilt trips. That's too bad about your sister, I know that the same thing will happen with my brother :/

Quoting Kaya529:

He sounds like he is in the same situation as my sis. I was 12 and my brother was 9 when she was born. In a way she was kind of like an only child but much worse. She had an entire family to dote on her rather then just the parents. In hindsight it wasn't such a good thing. She has grown up to be very selfish and self centered. It especially sucks because she was such a sweet child.

Quoting MommyOfOnee:

I try to do the sane but when I try to feed her or change her he screams. I'm pretty consistent on telling him he has to wait for sissy to be done taking care of Nikelle, then I can play. But all the progress he makes throughout the week is ruined when he goes home for 3days and comes back awful :/ he has older siblings at home (14&up) so he's used to the complete attention of everyone. Its just stressful and days like today (Monday) are really hard :/

Quoting Kaya529:

DS is feeling much better. I think the tooth came through but he won't let me check. He tried to bite off my finger when I try.

What I have been doing when he fusses when I hold her is sit on the floor and wrap my other arm around him. It let's him know that she won't take me away from her but I do not put her down because that will teach him crying will get him what he wants. It is working really well. He was just bad the other night cause he did not feel good.

Quoting MommyOfOnee:

Oh no sorry you had a rough time! :( hope they both feel better soon! Mu DD&brother are both only kids but DD isn't jealous, my brother is. He hits her, pushes her, and drives me nuts. If I try to hold her, he screams. It is driving me batty!

Quoting Kaya529:

I took care of her for 4 hours. Not that bad but she was constipated and DS has a molar coming in so they were both kind of cranky. Plus DS is an only child so he was being jealous. Though he is getting better the more he is around her.

Quoting MommyOfOnee:

Oh God! Your crazy! Lol how long did you say you'd watch her?

Quoting Kaya529:

I was dumb enough to do it for free.

Quoting MommyOfOnee:

I have a 7mo and am watching my 1.5yr old brother, I have no clue how people do it either! I am actually going to tell my step mom that I can't do it anymore, 2 bucks an hour is sooo not worth it!

• ktozy
    by ktozy
    October 8, 2012 at 9:40 PM
    I give them props too. My kids are 26months & 2days apart...and it can be rough! I cant even imagine.how its gonna be whwn Zoey is mobile & after her big brother...TROUBLE! ;) lol
  • Kaya529
    by Kaya529
    October 8, 2012 at 9:40 PM
    I was going for my psych degree. O wanted to be a sex therapist. If you can, tale the sex class. You will have a great time. I went through some personal issues and am going for architecture.

I am crap in the hard sciences and aced them. You will do fine, I am sure. If you need any help with your psych classes feel free to pm me.

Quoting MommyOfOnee:

I've always been like that, unfortunately. I wish I could say no, because then I go through this were I feel terrible for saying I would then backing out. But I've had him since the beginning of August, and its just too much. Its not fair to DD, because I had decided to be a SAHM for her, and now its hard everyday because she doesn't get any time with her mom. And I get stressed and irritated and that's not good for any of us, and its not fair to him at all. My dad pulls the whole "your the only one we trust with him" and stuff which makes it harder but I already told him when I start school I couldn't do it anymore, I just now realized that I cant wait till then. I need to get stuff together now, and this stress isn't good for DD or him. And I already took 2 finals, and I passed all my pre-tests, but I'm a little nervous about math (I suck lol) that one I was trying to study for, but I think I am just gonna wing it and see how it goes. I think I'll do fine, I just need to finish it up and move on. I'm going for my psychology degree (hopefully) and I want to start ASAP. 

Quoting Kaya529:

You sound like me. You can't say no and end up over doing it. With that many siblings they should be able to find someone else that can do it.

Don't stress too much about the GED. It is the easiest thing I have ever done. I started to study for it and realized it was just a waste of time. Walked in and aced it.

Quoting MommyOfOnee:

That's what I'm afriad of with my brother. He was a wicked sweet baby, but he has 8 siblings, 21,19,19,17,16,15,14,14,&13,(my dad had 4,step mom 5, brother makes 6) so he has a lot of attention. Only 4 of my brothers&sisters live at home, but still. Plus up till 7mo ago I didn't have a baby and had him ALOT. So he's very jealous. My dad just picked him up and since 3pm nothing but screams and cries because I was trying to take care of DD. On top of that, trying to study for GED, go through college options, keep house clean, laundry, 2dogs, and SO working long hours is really overwhelming me, so tomorrow I'm going to tell my step mom it's not working. I knew I shouldn't have started watching him, I already have a lot on my plate but my dad is sooo good at guilt trips. That's too bad about your sister, I know that the same thing will happen with my brother :/

Quoting Kaya529:

He sounds like he is in the same situation as my sis. I was 12 and my brother was 9 when she was born. In a way she was kind of like an only child but much worse. She had an entire family to dote on her rather then just the parents. In hindsight it wasn't such a good thing. She has grown up to be very selfish and self centered. It especially sucks because she was such a sweet child.

Quoting MommyOfOnee:

I try to do the sane but when I try to feed her or change her he screams. I'm pretty consistent on telling him he has to wait for sissy to be done taking care of Nikelle, then I can play. But all the progress he makes throughout the week is ruined when he goes home for 3days and comes back awful :/ he has older siblings at home (14&up) so he's used to the complete attention of everyone. Its just stressful and days like today (Monday) are really hard :/

Quoting Kaya529:

DS is feeling much better. I think the tooth came through but he won't let me check. He tried to bite off my finger when I try.

What I have been doing when he fusses when I hold her is sit on the floor and wrap my other arm around him. It let's him know that she won't take me away from her but I do not put her down because that will teach him crying will get him what he wants. It is working really well. He was just bad the other night cause he did not feel good.

Quoting MommyOfOnee:

Oh no sorry you had a rough time! :( hope they both feel better soon! Mu DD&brother are both only kids but DD isn't jealous, my brother is. He hits her, pushes her, and drives me nuts. If I try to hold her, he screams. It is driving me batty!

Quoting Kaya529:

I took care of her for 4 hours. Not that bad but she was constipated and DS has a molar coming in so they were both kind of cranky. Plus DS is an only child so he was being jealous. Though he is getting better the more he is around her.

Quoting MommyOfOnee:

Quoting Kaya529:

Quoting MommyOfOnee:

I have a 7mo and am watching my 1.5yr old brother, I have no clue how people do it either! I am actually going to tell my step mom that I can't do it anymore, 2 bucks an hour is sooo not worth it!

• xsbnix
    by xsbnix
    October 8, 2012 at 9:53 PM

i have a ds who is 4 and a ds who is 2 and now a dd who is 9wks. its a little tough but i love it (:

• MommyOfOnee
    October 8, 2012 at 9:54 PM
    I'm going to do an interest in substance abuse I think,my family is full of alcoholics so its a personal thing with me too and I definitely will pm you! Thanks for chatting with me, it helps to vent lol

Quoting Kaya529:

I was going for my psych degree. O wanted to be a sex therapist. If you can, tale the sex class. You will have a great time. I went through some personal issues and am going for architecture.

I am crap in the hard sciences and aced them. You will do fine, I am sure. If you need any help with your psych classes feel free to pm me.

Quoting MommyOfOnee:

Quoting Kaya529:

Quoting MommyOfOnee:

Quoting Kaya529:

Quoting MommyOfOnee:

Quoting Kaya529:

Quoting MommyOfOnee:

Quoting Kaya529:

Quoting MommyOfOnee:

Quoting Kaya529:

Quoting MommyOfOnee:

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts