Babies

hippiemamax3
People are always SHOCKED when they find out.... Pics added on p. 13
October 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM
.....that my son weighed 11lb 2oz at birth.
& that I didnt have a c-section....
....or an epidural....

Is it really THAT shocking?

Replies

• Nolanzo
    by Nolanzo
    October 5, 2012 at 11:07 AM
    I wouldn't aay shocking but definitely not typical... you go mama. I would have been split in half lol
  • melindabelcher
    October 5, 2012 at 11:09 AM
    Your awesome and I dont think it should be that shocking. I actually found my hardest natural labor was my smallest baby(5.7)
  • Jenn8604
    October 5, 2012 at 11:10 AM
    IDK! I guess. Most drs want u to have a csection if ir baby is that big tho. To prevent tearing all the way back to. But if u and baby are fine good. I know one girl who had an 11lb baby and pushing him out broke his shoulder and tore mom so bad she needed two blood transfusions.
  • BraeBaysMom
    October 5, 2012 at 11:10 AM
    Wow! Idk how u did it but good job! I had my 5pound baby all natural and it hurt sooooo bad lol
  • Ninjabubble
    October 5, 2012 at 11:11 AM
    My brother weighed 12lbs and my mom didn't have an epidural or C section.
    It's not shocking but scary to imagine!
  • Nicki1995
    I dont think its shocking lol But good going! I wanted to do it that way, but 6 pounds 8 ounces was too big for natural birth for me this time =/ Next time, im gonna try VBAC
  • kaybear123

And i thought my 8lb baby was hard! You go mama!

• BraeBaysMom
    October 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM
    Same here! My 7pound baby was easy I was ready to push out more right aftrr I had her lol but my 5.6 baby hurt bad I was cussing n all sorts lol

Quoting melindabelcher:

Your awesome and I dont think it should be that shocking. I actually found my hardest natural labor was my smallest baby(5.7)

• Allie_kat1
    October 5, 2012 at 11:14 AM
    I get the same reaction when i tell people i have had 2 over 9lb babies drug free, 1 at home. I honestly don't think baby size has much to do with how hard labor/birth is. My 9lb 11oz baby was actually easier to push out than my 7lb11oz one. And my youngest one (9.1) that was born at home, i didn't even have to consciously push, i just let my body do it's thing and only thought about it and tried to do it slowly while he was crowning so i wouldn't tear, which i didn't with any of my kids.
  • hippiemamax3
    October 5, 2012 at 11:14 AM
    Lol.
    It was not easy.
    I dont want it to seem like he just came sailing out. It was very difficilt.

Quoting Nolanzo:

I wouldn't aay shocking but definitely not typical... you go mama. I would have been split in half lol

Babies