hippiemamax3
People are always SHOCKED when they find out.... Pics added on p. 13
October 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM
.....that my son weighed 11lb 2oz at birth.
& that I didnt have a c-section....
....or an epidural....

Is it really THAT shocking?

Replies

• hippiemamax3
    October 5, 2012 at 11:45 AM
    He was born at home and was not "well" so we went to the hosp (i was not doing great either). He ended up in the NICU and found out that his problems were from hypoglycemic shock due to him veing unable to regulate his own blood sugar. He was on a glucose IV for a few days and they took blood constantly :-( hes fine now, thank God.

Quoting choocam:

Quoting hippiemamax3:

I wouldnt say I was brave...
    I had NO clue he was gonna be that big. Lol

Quoting choocam:

It's not shocking, but I would call it amazing. My son weighed 9 pounds 4 ounces and was 23 in half inches long and I gave birth to him natural with out a c- section, he was a little smaller than yours but still a big baby. I did get the epidural though lol. I would call you brave.

I had no clue my son was big either. Guess my son followed after me, because when i was born i was 9 pounds something, but my mom had a c-section, but i did not i pushed him right out in 8 hours. he was late also. did your son have too have his sugar tested everytime he had too eat? my son did because he was a bigger baby and he had a little bit of jaundice too.

• merinasmommy
    October 5, 2012 at 11:46 AM
    I have them but ill save them for my dd who isnt being a baby...poor you...you could have had an epideral thats your own stupidity.

Quoting hippiemamax3:

Bragging?

Myself and my son nearly died.

It was scary, traumatic and extremely painful.

My son ended up in the nicu.

I am in physical therapy (7 mos pp) over pelvic issues it as well as counselling due to birth trauma.

Why the fuck would I brag about that?

Im just curious if its really that unusual due to the reaxtions I always get.

But yeah, if you have a cookie Ill take it.

Quoting merinasmommy:

Sounds like your just trying to breg to me...want a cookie?

• hippiemamax3
    October 5, 2012 at 11:47 AM
    Theres no need to be nasty.

Quoting merinasmommy:

I have them but ill save them for my dd who isnt being a baby...poor you...you could have had an epideral thats your own stupidity.

Quoting hippiemamax3:

Bragging?

I am in physical therapy (7 mos pp) over pelvic issues it as well as counselling due to birth trauma.

Quoting merinasmommy:

• hopeandlove17
    Everyone was shocked I delivered my 8lb 2oz baby with no epi so it doesn't surprise me that people are shocked but I couldn't imagine an 11 pound baby you go girl
  • thedathree
    Quoting hippiemamax3:

I wasn't saying that with a mean tone. I just assumed it went well bc you didn't mention otherwise. I was trying to give you props. Would you have had a c section looking back if you could? Given the.pelvic issues?
  • Allie_kat1
    October 5, 2012 at 11:48 AM
    I'm sorry you had such a rough birth mama. My second daughters birth was very traumatic for me, not because of her size, but because of my (ex) ob being an impatient, nearly abusive wench. I had read a birth story very similiar to yours in the birth is normal group while planning the home birth of my soon and it scared me a little because there were some similarities (3rd baby, 1st boy, homebirth ect) but thankfully i had an amazing, very healing birth with my son.

Quoting hippiemamax3:

He was a homebirth, but we had to transfer right after.

I needed blood transfusion and stitches :-/

His birth was very difficult due to shoulder dystocia.

He ended up in the nicu for several days.

Quoting Allie_kat1:

I get the same reaction when i tell people i have had 2 over 9lb babies drug free, 1 at home. I honestly don't think baby size has much to do with how hard labor/birth is. My 9lb 11oz baby was actually easier to push out than my 7lb11oz one. And my youngest one (9.1) that was born at home, i didn't even have to consciously push, i just let my body do it's thing and only thought about it and tried to do it slowly while he was crowning so i wouldn't tear, which i didn't with any of my kids.

• frankiesma530
    October 5, 2012 at 11:48 AM

My husband said "that's crazy".  I'd have to agree.  My vagina hurts for you.

• merinasmommy
    October 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM
    lol you asked for opinions so i gave mine

Quoting hippiemamax3:

Theres no need to be nasty.

Quoting merinasmommy:

Quoting hippiemamax3:

Bragging?

Quoting merinasmommy:

• hippiemamax3
    October 5, 2012 at 11:51 AM
    I didnt mean to come off nasty. I know you didnt mean anything by it. Its a common misperception that big=healthy. If I could go back knowing what I know now? Id have gotten the GD test so that I wouldve caught it early, controlled it and prevented him from getting so big.

Quoting thedathree:

Quoting hippiemamax3:

I wasn't saying that with a mean tone. I just assumed it went well bc you didn't mention otherwise. I was trying to give you props. Would you have had a c section looking back if you could? Given the.pelvic issues?

• Allie_kat1
    October 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM
    Wow, way to be a bitch... An epi would have likely made things worse as she would not have been able to move at all to help relieve the dystocia. She said she had no idea the baby was that big, and once a baby is far enough out for a shoulder dystocia, it is way too late for an epi or csection. You sound like a very angry person.

Quoting merinasmommy:

Quoting hippiemamax3:

Bragging?

Quoting merinasmommy:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts