Babies

hippiemamax3
People are always SHOCKED when they find out.... Pics added on p. 13
October 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM
.....that my son weighed 11lb 2oz at birth.
& that I didnt have a c-section....
....or an epidural....

Is it really THAT shocking?

Replies

• mommyhonu
    October 6, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I hear ya! my older 2 babies were over 8lbs.

Quoting kaybear123:

And i thought my 8lb baby was hard! You go mama!

• MommeeTo4
    October 6, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    No
  • lindsay122001
    October 6, 2012 at 6:56 PM
    Holy moly! I was miserable with carrying an 8.5lb baby. I can't imagine! Lol

Quoting hippiemamax3:

This was taken on 2/7. He was born 2/23.

I walked around like that (and bigger!) For 2.5 more weeks after this!

• Jenn8604
    October 6, 2012 at 7:33 PM
    her dr didnt know he was that big. Unlike mine who did an ultrasound when I was measuring big to check on my ds' size hers did not. If he had he woulda known baby was about 10-11lbs and coulda offered a csec. he didnt even think of an emergency one he just let her go. She sued.

Quoting EvilQueenMommy:

That's why I had to have an emergency c-s, they said it was that or breaking his shoulder.

Quoting Jenn8604:

IDK! I guess. Most drs want u to have a csection if ir baby is that big tho. To prevent tearing all the way back to. But if u and baby are fine good. I know one girl who had an 11lb baby and pushing him out broke his shoulder and tore mom so bad she needed two blood transfusions.

• proudMom2634
    October 6, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Woo!! That's a big one!!

• mskitty6
    October 7, 2012 at 1:11 AM

You go Mama

• Lorelai_Nicole
    October 7, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Wow...My twins are just barely that weight now, and they're 6 months old! LOL. Kudos to you for doing that naturally!

• NicLof2
    by NicLof2
    October 7, 2012 at 1:22 AM
    Awe was he in NICU? If so how come?

I think your amazing I'm a much bigger women then you and both my boys ripped me and they were only 6.15 and 6lvs even.

Quoting hippiemamax3:

Just a few hours old.

• Caitlyn137
    October 7, 2012 at 2:13 AM
    Yes!!!! I wanted epidural the first moment I went into labor
    BraveGirl !!!!
  • hippiemamax3
    October 7, 2012 at 4:04 AM
    Yes.
    Its a common misperception that big baby= healthy baby. Actually a LOT of truly big (11 lb plus) babies have health problems.
    He was born at home and transferred to the hospital then life flighted to the nearest Childrens hospital with a NICU. He was the for 4 days. He had problems regulating his own blood sugar along with a few issues stemming from the trauma of his birth.

Quoting NicLof2:

Awe was he in NICU? If so how come?

I think your amazing I'm a much bigger women then you and both my boys ripped me and they were only 6.15 and 6lvs even.

Quoting hippiemamax3:

Just a few hours old.

Babies