Featured Posts
AviannasMama
FIL yelled at me--Should I confront him bc hubby won't. R
September 21, 2012 at 9:55 PM
A little background..my FIL is friggin annoying (mil is too but not as bad). One example- FIL came to the hospital the day my dd was born and literally lifted up my food tray cover to see what I was eating bc "while breastfeeding, the baby eats everything you eat". Also when my baby was 3 months old, her sock fell off (it was winter) and they went on and on about "omg her feet are FREEZING". Next day they bought us warmer socks and some cheap ass lil footing thing for the carseat.

So anyways! My DD is ten months old and having pretty bad "stranger anxiety" except it's the worst w my mil & FIL. We give them tips that my parents do, Like sitting w her and having her come to you not just grabbing her. She literally breaks down. Face red, tears down her cheeks, and catching her breath bc she's so upset. I still never really grab her from them, they usually hand her back after a minute. We at their Labor Day party we were all sitting around and my mil said can you try to come see Grandma? And so I said probably not but handed her over. At this point, I decided to get up to pee and as I'm getting up (I was on the floor) my baby started having meltdown bc of Grandma holding her. Well my FIL sees me standing up and yells, yes, yells at me (in front of numerous members of my family and friends) and says "will you let it be! This is why she cries bc she's never going to get used to us if you keep taking her away". I said something like first of all I'm peeing and second of all what you guys are doing is not working obviously. I'm so pissed.

So should I email his mom? Last time I had problems w my FIL (which is all the time) I messaged my mil and she fixed it and said nobody listens to anything he says yadda yadda. My dh is uncomfortable talking to people about stuff Like that. So should I email the mom or am I over reacting? I just really wanna be like did I deserve to get yelled at ESP when it comes to my daughter? I'm her parent not them. Sorry so long! But really wanted some opinions. Thsnks in Advance!

Replies

• LovelyJay512
    September 21, 2012 at 9:57 PM
    I would have handled it right there and then so there wouldn't be a need to e-mail anyone.
    Bump for you.
  • armywife0424
    September 21, 2012 at 10:00 PM
    I would of handled it immediately. Does your dd not see the grandparents much?
  • mishlerdr24
    September 21, 2012 at 10:06 PM
    I'd say it to his face!!!!!. Go straight to the problem and make your hysband go with you and stand behind you so dont have to seem like he'a confronting his dad but looks like he's standing behind you about this problem 100%.
  • la_bella_vita
    September 21, 2012 at 10:11 PM

I'm not sure what to say, my husband always handles his parents (but they also rarely step out of line, lol)

Bump!

• expectantmom81
    September 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM
    I would have done this

Quoting LovelyJay512:

I would have handled it right there and then so there wouldn't be a need to e-mail anyone.

Bump for you.

• NicLof2
    by NicLof2
    September 21, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Quoting expectantmom81:

I would have done this

Quoting LovelyJay512:

Bump for you.

• calvinsmommy18
    September 22, 2012 at 12:22 AM
    Idk. Can't really picture my FIL ever yelling at me. He bearly talks to me. I probably would have taken dd right then and there and told dh were leaving NOW!
  • alreadydidthis
    September 22, 2012 at 12:26 AM
    Juat wait til next time my daughter does that too to everyone. So i ignor the comments or i just say something small and smart
  • JenniferP96
    September 22, 2012 at 1:53 PM
    You and dh are a team. Uncomfortable or not, he needs to stick up for you! If he can't/won't, then he's not much of a man. You need to get through to him.
  • Amberleigh81
    September 22, 2012 at 3:10 PM
    Eh, since you didn't handle it right in the moment, I would let it go. Some people are just asses. It's nice that your daughter picks up on that already... smart girl! ;)
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts