sexyteeneab19
Need advice
May 30, 2012 at 12:18 AM

hi my name is elena bowen. im 19 and expecting. i still live with my parents and don't no how to tell them. im ready but i don't want my parents to be mad.

Replies

• USMCwife0530
    May 30, 2012 at 12:45 AM
    Just be honest. Hope everything works out for ya :)
  • MixedCooke
    May 30, 2012 at 3:21 AM

You are their baby so they will be upset no matter what but technically you are an adult, so sex is a given.  I guess it really depends on where they stand with sex before marriage, a child born out of wedlock, their feelings about the father of the baby, your financial situation, etc.  Good luck!

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst!

• melindabelcher
    May 30, 2012 at 4:09 AM
    All you can do is tell them. I was in your shoes 5 yrs ago. My parents were pissed for a little while. but there was nothing I could do about it. I waited until I was 4 mo and showing so I couldn't wait.
    Good luck it will all with out
  • babygomez
    May 30, 2012 at 4:25 AM

Hi there, congratulations on your pregnancy. :) If I were in your shoes, I'd sit them both down, and just open up, you are all adults. Sure they may be mad at first, but the initial shock will subside, and then you all can work towards giving your baby everything he/she needs. Best wishes!

• muisjes
    by muisjes
    May 30, 2012 at 4:41 AM
    Quoting babygomez:

Hi there, congratulations on your pregnancy. :) If I were in your shoes, I'd sit them both down, and just open up, you are all adults. Sure they may be mad at first, but the initial shock will subside, and then you all can work towards giving your baby everything he/she needs. Best wishes!

+1

And, think of a plan how you're going to manage

- time: are you going to be a sahm, or are you still ging to school or are you working.
    - daycare yes or no?
    - finance: how are you going to support the baby, the money you think you need to provide for baby and how you're going to get it
    - housing: are you going to continue living with your parents or not?

If you go to them with a plan, it will be easier for them. They can see you're responsible and that they're not going to be responsible for your child.
  • kmorales7690
    May 30, 2012 at 4:43 AM

I was 19 when i found out too, I wasnt living with my parents but i understand the stress telling them is, i thought they were goign to be so dissappointed in me, but turned out my mom and dad both were proudly proclaiming they were going to be grandparents the next day!! its not as hard as you psych yourself out for! 

• erikays
    by erikays
    May 30, 2012 at 6:38 AM
    Welcome! I got pregnant with my oldest child at 19. When I told mom, she was very supportive. Honesty is key :)
  • lauratupper
    May 30, 2012 at 8:06 AM
    Quoting babygomez:

• MarShy740
    May 30, 2012 at 8:08 AM
    I did the same thing I told my mom and within 24/hours she told my whole family! So I didn't really have to tell anyone but my mom lol.
    Quoting melindabelcher:

All you can do is tell them. I was in your shoes 5 yrs ago. My parents were pissed for a little while. but there was nothing I could do about it. I waited until I was 4 mo and showing so I couldn't wait.

Good luck it will all with out
  • la_bella_vita
    May 30, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Quoting babygomez:

This

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts