leslie1989
How to get him to craw....
May 6, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Hello, my son is 7 months old, he doesn't craw yet.  But partly my fault, he doesn't get all that much tummy time.  I lay him on his tummy, he'll be fine for a little while then gets mad, and either rolls over him self, or gets fussy until I get him off his tummy.  He sits very well, and can roll both ways.  He tries to sit him self up (from laying down) doesn't quite have the strength for that yet, but he can stand, if he has something to hold onto for a while.  But doesn't craw.  I know that all babies are different, I just feel he should be crawing, everybody always asks me, is he crawing yet...no. Maybe I just worry too much.

Any ideas on how to help him, and how old was your LO when they started to craw.

Replies

• daydreamer86
    May 6, 2012 at 9:38 AM
    My ds crawLed at 7 months. I did tummy time several times a day until he got mad. He never liked tummy time. All babies develop at their own pace and crawL when they are ready.
  • mom_of_one_2010
    May 6, 2012 at 9:40 AM
    My ds did not crawl till 9 months I just sat him down once and he laid down as took off, he will crawl when he is ready
  • junebutterfly
    May 6, 2012 at 9:40 AM
    My oldest hated tummy time he didn't crawl until around 9 months, so give him time man's he will get there
  • Turtledoves
    May 6, 2012 at 9:51 AM
    He doesn't have to crawl at 7 months. 7 months is usually the starting time kids learn to crawl. Don't rush him. He'll do it when he's ready.

Dd is 10 months old and she still falls on her face when she tries to crawl every time. She's learning on her own and there's no deadline to when she must learn. I'm not going to push her to speed things up. I'd rather her figure things out than just be shoved through the motions.
  • daydreamer86
    May 6, 2012 at 9:52 AM
    Also ds hated tummy time on the floor. He liked the bed.
  • Rebekah8787
    May 6, 2012 at 10:00 AM
    My son is the same way. He hated being on his stomach I'd try many times to play w toys in front of him he didn't care when he learned to roll he'd get mad when he rolled onto his stomach He can sit up from when he's on his stomach and pull himself up to a stay sometimes he's can push himself backwards and can get on his hands and knees but just to day he started rocking which is good any other time when he's trying to crawl he'd pick up a hand and fall oh and he's 7 1/2 months and he doesn't even hold his bottle himself he's lazy but I don't mind
  • Latingurl9665
    May 6, 2012 at 10:19 AM

what i did to encourage my son (who was 7 months) to crawl was i bought these balls he took an immediate liking to. Two days after he was chasing the balls everywhere!

• libby261
    May 6, 2012 at 10:25 AM

My daughter didn't crawl until 9 months.  It wasn't until I took her to Gymboree and saw the other babies crawling  and just took off.  I'd been trying to get her to crawl at home by getting her on her knees and watching me crawling around, but I guess she just needed to see babies.  

• flowermama2011
    May 6, 2012 at 10:34 AM
    My 2 older kids never really crawled, they would crawl over to something then stand up
  • ConnorMom228
    May 6, 2012 at 10:38 AM
    The word is CRAWL. not craw.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts