Babies

newmommy9120
How do u have sex?? tmi
May 1, 2012 at 9:36 AM
So I just had my first and my sex hormones are in over drive DF and I wanna try but I feel horrible if I leave Takoda in another room alone. DF tried explaining to me that he could be in our room in his make shift room we have but I feel weird even thinking about making love with him in the room. Does anyone have some advice for me?

Replies

• ConnorMom228
    May 1, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    It's awkward at first because you aren't used to the idea of having a baby in the house with you. Me and df don't usually do it if ds is in te same room. We may start out, fooling around, but then we move to another room. We just make sure he's asleep and safe where he's at. You don't have to have sex in your room. There's the bathroom. The kitchen. The living room. Get creative.
  • newmommy9120
    May 1, 2012 at 9:42 AM
    I get that but I feel horrible if he's alone in a room. I know its wired. I'm hoping it changes when we get home this week where its just DF baby and me.

Quoting ConnorMom228:

It's awkward at first because you aren't used to the idea of having a baby in the house with you. Me and df don't usually do it if ds is in te same room. We may start out, fooling around, but then we move to another room. We just make sure he's asleep and safe where he's at. You don't have to have sex in your room. There's the bathroom. The kitchen. The living room. Get creative.
  • abra
    by abra
    May 1, 2012 at 9:47 AM
    Same here. And eventually, it just becomes necessary (we have 4 kids! lol). Maybe try the shower. That way he can be in the bathroom but the curtain can be pulled closed so you don't see him.

Quoting ConnorMom228:

• ConnorMom228
    May 1, 2012 at 9:49 AM
    It gets better. I hated leaving ds alone in the beginning. Just make sure baby is fed and asleep, comfortable and secure. Tell dh that you may need some extra time to get into it because your mind is occupied by baby. But make sure he doesn't feel left out. Men are weird that way.

Quoting newmommy9120:

I get that but I feel horrible if he's alone in a room. I know its wired. I'm hoping it changes when we get home this week where its just DF baby and me.

Quoting ConnorMom228:

• mama-smurf
    May 1, 2012 at 9:49 AM
    Idk I wouldn't have sex with baby in the room. I would wait til baby asleep or something but that's just me. Sex isn't important to me and I don't do it unless we are TTC
  • mommy_4509
    May 1, 2012 at 9:50 AM
    Your a first time mommy ! Your going to feel that way for a while :) , I was like that , I just had my second and I still feel like that sometimes . It's what moms do . We worry ! :)..... You will get used to having a baby in the house soon enough :)

Quoting newmommy9120:

Quoting ConnorMom228:

• AngelicMommy_72
    May 1, 2012 at 9:53 AM
    Don't feel bad about leaving the baby in the room. Do like I used to, take the monitor with you if it's gonna be a good go of it lol, but for now, quickies in the diff rooms of the house, it can be kinda exciting lol.
  • rebekahmuse
    May 1, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Wait until the baby is asleep. Nothing wrong with not being in the same room with the baby all the time.

• LovelyLauren55
    May 1, 2012 at 9:56 AM
    Tell him at first it may just be quickies cuz you never know when baby will wake up! My so doesn't get this, and by the time he's ” ready” the baby is up and its just a tease for both of us, annoying
  • Dragonmamas
    Ari
    May 1, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Our youngest son sleeps in the same room as us and we still have sex in our bed. We wait until he's asleep and we stop if he wakes up, wash our hands and tend to him of course. He's eight months old.

Babies