Babies

Featured Posts
lostmommy326
8 mth wont hold bottle
April 22, 2012 at 9:04 PM

is there any way to get my 8 mth old to hold her own bottle....i mean she holds it n puts nipple in mouth but doesnt realize that she has to lift bottle up in order to get the formula.i try n guide her but she quickly lets go of bottle n i end up just holdin it for her instead of sittin there playin around.because then she holds bottle and is spillin it upside down etc...i think at this age she shud b holdin it herself and it sure wud make things a little easier for me...kinda the same situation with her sippy cup.im tryin to introduce that to her and she holds it n puts it in her mouth but doesnt kno how to suck the formula out of the spout i guess...

Replies

• MamatoKy
    April 22, 2012 at 9:04 PM
    My dd never held her own bottle
  • babygomez
    April 23, 2012 at 12:28 AM

My daughter was 10 months when she started holding her bottle on her own. :)

• Taylor.gibson74
    April 23, 2012 at 12:32 AM
    my daughter is 9 months abd doesn't hold her own bottle well like your dd she holds it in her mouth but doesn't tip it up abd drink.I was concidering a smaller bottle.my son did that when I ended up buying him a littler bottle so it was earier for hin to lift up I'm going to try for ds hope it works lol.u might want to try too!
  • Randi02
    by Randi02
    April 23, 2012 at 12:50 AM
    Holding their own bottle is not a milestone.

Hold your baby while you feed her. Enjoy this time.
  • comf
    by comf
    April 23, 2012 at 12:55 AM
    Agreed.

Quoting Randi02:

• mama2my2boys
    April 23, 2012 at 12:56 AM
    my daughter is almost 1yr and she dont hold her bottle she would rather play with her hair of have her arms behind her head dont worry
  • sissyboogs
    April 23, 2012 at 12:58 AM

My son never held his own bottle. Transitioned to a sippy at 12 months with no problem. 

My daughter held her bottle with no problem. 

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    April 23, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I wish I knew what to tell you. My son is breastfed, but he is 11.5 months old and has no interest in trying to use a sippy cup at all. I think we may just go straight to a regular cup if he is over 12 months and still doesn't have any interest.

Good luck!

• mama91605
    April 23, 2012 at 12:59 AM
    Me too

Quoting comf:

Agreed.

Quoting Randi02:

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    April 23, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Your mom is a milestone.

Quoting Randi02:

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts