mom2boys90
Carseats?
April 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM

DS 2 has outgrown his carrier, so it's time for a "big boy" seat. We got DS 1 the Graco Nautilus, which I love, but funding won't  allow us to get another one of them at the moment. I was looking at the Evenflo brand because they seem to be less expensive, so I was wondering if any mommies have this brand of carseat, what model, and what you think about it? TIA for responses :)

Replies

• kcm710
    by kcm710
    April 10, 2012 at 8:06 PM
    We have the graco myride 65 and we love it. I will be getting dd one when she outgrows the carrier.
  • rHOPEb
    by rHOPEb
    April 10, 2012 at 8:06 PM

How old is your child?  What size is your child?  The AAP reccomends that you keep your child rear facing til at LEAST 2yr and 30lbs.  Make sure you also know your state's law.  

What is your budget?  What vehicle will it be going in?

There are several seats that will rear face and then forward face (convertible car seat).  I reccomend the True Fit Premier (or Lamaze at Babies R Us) or a Britax seat (Roundabout or Marathon).  There are also Evenflo convertible seats (the Momentum).  

You can go to your local Babies R Us and 'try' seats out before you buy them.  Make sure you read the manual in your car and carseat!  Also, when going to a store try not to pay attention to the advice the employees give b/c they are NOT certified car seat technicians.  If you need more help there is a car seat safety group and they are certified techs and wonderful with the knowledge of the seats that are out!

• mom2boys90
    April 10, 2012 at 8:12 PM

DS is 7 months and the seat I am looking at is convertible. He will be rear-facing until 2. Our budget is $100 at the moment. DH is a cop so I know how to install a carseat and I know all our state's laws, so I'm not worried about that part. I have only ever bought  Graco brand carseats, but I can't afford one of those at the moment, that's why I was looking at the Evenflo brand. We don't have a Baies R Us near us (closest one is 3 hours away), so I have to order offline.

• tyrelsmom
    April 10, 2012 at 8:22 PM
    Evenflo Triumph 65 is good, and so is the Momentum. But I don't think they're any cheaper than the Graco Myride. The Titan is cheaper, but if your child is at all tall, he'll outgrow it quickly. It's a pretty short seat.
  • Randi02
    by Randi02
    April 10, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I personally would not use it, but I know some ladies on here swear by them.

My older kids are in True Fits, and my youngest is in a Britax Advocate CS.

• Baby_Avas_Momma
    April 10, 2012 at 8:38 PM
    My dd received an Evenflo Titan for her 1st bday from my SIL. So far we haven't had any issues. I was told that kids can grow out of the rear facing position quicker in those seats, but our dd is a little peanut, so we're not worried just yet lol.
  • mollysmom328
    April 10, 2012 at 8:41 PM

The Graco My Ride, Evenflo triumph 65, or a Britax Classic are good options for your budget.

• joci2203
    April 10, 2012 at 9:11 PM

bump!

• EthansMomma129
    April 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM
    We just bought evenflo symphonys. They were more pricier than the gracos my ride but i liked the reviews better and trued it in the store and liked it. I think i only saw one or two seats that convert from rearfacing to forward under 100$.
  • angela.bouchard
    April 10, 2012 at 10:12 PM

bump bump