Babies

Featured Posts
Cafe Naomi
Advice & Info #2: Do babies need a schedule?
March 23, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Does this sound familiar?  

"I never know when my 4 month old is going to sleep, eat, etc... Should I be taking steps to put her on a schedule?"

Do babies need to be put on a schedule? How and when should it start?

Is your baby on a schedule? Tell us how you did. Don't think schedules are necessary? Share your opinions below.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help millions of other moms!  Click here to offer more Advice & Info.

Replies

• cabrandy03
    March 23, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I don't believe in putting young babies on a schedule.  My daughter naps when she's tierd and eats when she's hungry.

• babygomez
    March 23, 2012 at 4:20 PM

MY kids do. I start a routine/schedule from birth, and it sets in soon after.

• Randi02
    by Randi02
    March 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM

We breastfeed on demand, and let them sleep when tired. It doesn't take long for them to form their own schedules.

• larissalarie
    March 23, 2012 at 5:05 PM
    We never schedule feedings, but yes they follow a schedule/routine for sleeping. I've found that they sleep much better that way.
  • tortuga_beto
    March 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM
    Were mostly on demand right now. He's made a pretty good schedule on his own
  • kirstina
    March 23, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Babies should be on some kind of schedule. IT doesnt have to be a strict schedule.

• CandiceDanielle
    March 23, 2012 at 6:09 PM
    I believe in a night time routine, to let them know when it's bedtime, but that's it.
  • militarywife09
    March 23, 2012 at 6:11 PM
    I try to, but dd does her own thing.
  • Baby_Avas_Momma
    March 23, 2012 at 6:13 PM
    My dd has always had her own routine going, it's always worked great so we never messed with it.
  • GE1
    by GE1
    March 23, 2012 at 6:23 PM

We don't really have a schedule but we do have sort of routine as he is fed on demand and after that, I hold him up a bit if he does'n fall asleep, we play then a diaper change and then nap. It pretty much works well for us and prevents me from getting caught up in something

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts