Babies

Featured Posts
myboys1st
hes 7mths and doesnt even hold his own bottle..
March 10, 2012 at 1:01 PM

im in major need of help my ds will be 7mths on the 20th and wont even hold his own bottle..i kno he knows how to hes doen it before..hwo to i get him to crawl ect..?

Replies

• Firenygirl180
    March 10, 2012 at 1:04 PM

My son didn't start holding his own bottle till about 7 months.  

• kenziesmom809
    March 10, 2012 at 1:05 PM

My dd didn't do it til about 7 months either... give it time, he will learn it eventually. My advice is don't rush it! You're gonna miss it when this baby stage when he's growing up!

• sissyboogs
    March 10, 2012 at 1:06 PM

My son never held his own bottle. 

• myboys1st
    March 10, 2012 at 1:08 PM

i know he knows how to do it though he can even hold his cuppie..i just dont know how to make him not so lazy..he crawled backwards for 2 days and all of a sudden stopped doing it.

• SewingMamaLele
    March 10, 2012 at 1:23 PM
    Holdind a bottle is not a milestone and it definitly shouldnt be encouraged. Is he sitting up on his own? Rolling over?
  • carsonsmommytam
    March 10, 2012 at 1:24 PM
    My son never really held his bottle. He could hold it after like 10-11mo, but I was more than glad to hold it and bond with him, so he didn't have to.
  • myboys1st
    March 10, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Holdind a bottle is not a milestone and it definitly shouldnt be encouraged. Is he sitting up on his own? Rolling over?

his doc says it is...and he should be doing it....he rolls over,he doesnt sit yet..he says mama and dada and baba

• xx.felisha.xx
    March 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM
    Shouldn't be encouraged? Imo it SHOULD be. It help him to hold things later, and hold it steady. Plus teaches him how to hold a sippy cup later on.

My DD held her bottle once and stopped after that around 7 or so months. I gave her a bottle and she expected me to hold it for her. I put her hands on side and after couple minutes she realized I wasn't going to hold it for her and she teach her to be independent. Plus good for strengthening her arms, for holding bottle for a period of time and when she has to hold her head back and liftbottle up when running low.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

• myboys1st
    March 10, 2012 at 1:33 PM
    Quoting xx.felisha.xx:

Shouldn't be encouraged? Imo it SHOULD be. It help him to hold things later, and hold it steady. Plus teaches him how to hold a sippy cup later on.

My DD held her bottle once and stopped after that around 7 or so months. I gave her a bottle and she expected me to hold it for her. I put her hands on side and after couple minutes she realized I wasn't going to hold it for her and she teach her to be independent. Plus good for strengthening her arms, for holding bottle for a period of time and when she has to hold her head back and liftbottle up when running low.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

should i let him cry if he wont hold it..i mean i do but then i fell bad

• xx.felisha.xx
    March 10, 2012 at 1:36 PM
    No don't let him cry. Not all kids do things at the same month or so. All kids are different. When you feed him, (this what I did with my son) put his hands on the bottle as ur feeding him and take ur hands off without him noticing. I did that to my son and he gave me this pissed off look like "omg u tricked me" lol

Quoting myboys1st:

Quoting xx.felisha.xx:

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

should i let him cry if he wont hold it..i mean i do but then i fell bad

Babies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts