expectantmom81
ttc #2 and getting scared....
November 18, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Ok, my son is 16 months old now and he sleeps through the night and is on a great schedule. I am ttc baby #2 now and starting to panic. I am so afraid of the sleepless nights again. With my son, I used the CIO method and it worked wonders for me. I am now worrying that it won't work for the next one. Am I being selfish to feel this way? Has anyone else panicked once they starting trying for another?

Replies

• howardsmom
    November 19, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Haha I soooooo feel ur pain..lol I had been begging and begging the husband to let me get off BC and try for number 2 and our LO is only 15 months and he sleeps through the night but lately wakes up around 3 and the other night the hubby told me to stop taking my bc and I was excited at first then starting thinking about all the things agian....I didnt sleep for almost 2 months straight with my first one and then he didnt sleep through the night till 8 months and I used the CIO method he would just cry all night..lol I'm scared but in the end I think its so worth it for him to get to experience that and have somoene around to entertain and play with. I think its gonna be a fun ride once we get past all the baby mess..lol Just think about how fast the 1st yr went by with the first baby...itll go even faster with the 2nd baby. You'll be fine don't worry!!!

• GodsAmiga
    November 19, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Oh yeah! I'm pregnant with the second and our 16 month old will NOT sleep through the night!! I'm scared to death I'll be utterly exhausted and won't be able to take care of them properly. And then I have those days when my daughter is cranky as anything and throwing tantrums left and right (usually when a molar is coming through) and I feel like I just can't do it. But the good news is that I can. I know I can and I will! I'll figure out something to make it work-I think God gave moms super powers when we're at our wits end because somehow we always make it through-lol! You'll do just fine and you'll love that you have a new little one! Not sure if this'll help or not but just think, the sooner you have the baby the sooner the sleepless nights will be over again! ;-)

• FateoftheGodz
    November 19, 2009 at 2:20 AM

Really? I did the CIO method since Josh was little and he cries for maybe 2 mins every night and then sleeps through until maybe 7am when he wakes up and calls out to play. :)

I didn't sleep (literally at all) for his first 2 months, because of breastfeeding. But maybe after you can start bottle feedings then Daddy can help.

Let's face it, if you're a mommy, you have already committed to never sleeping again!

• expectantmom81
    November 19, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Thanks ladies. I just keep telling myself that I CAN DO IT! It sure is scary though lol.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts