PassionDiva_NY
Bedtimes - are you strict with your routine?
November 4, 2009 at 8:30 PM

What time do your babies go to bed?

Is that ever negotiable [either by them or because you want to stay out or do something?]

Does your SO stick to the routine?

Today is game 6 of the World Series - we are not major sports fans but we like to watch these exciting championship games. And since my DS does not have school tomorrow I agreed to let him stay up with SO to watch the game. Which means he could be up pretty late.And I'm wondering am I setting myself up for something?

How rigid are you with your night time routine? Am I setting my DS up for thinking that anytime he thinks something is worth it he can break rules/routine?

Replies

• gacgbaker
    November 4, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Well 7 months ago I would have said we are super strict with our 7PM bed time... but since we moved things are a bit different.  We now have Grammy living in the same house, and that complicates the bed time routine.  She loves to have the kids watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy with her... so we caved and moved bed time to 8PM... when she isn't home they are still in bed by 7 though. 

I think an every once in a while treat to stay up isn't bad, but I like my strict bed time... keeps all of us happier!

• Apr1l
    by Apr1l
    November 4, 2009 at 8:36 PM

If we're out or traveling or its a holiday bedtime can be stretched, but otherwise strict bedtime enforced here =)

• jajamama
    November 4, 2009 at 8:36 PM

his routine is very strict dinner at 630 tv off at 630 then we watch a show as a family or do somethign as a family 7-730 then at 730 its tubby time and hes in tubby till about 750 then its snugs hugs and bed by 810-815 we only break this routine when we cant avoid it like holidays or when he is really really sick

• Abbienjasonsmom
    November 4, 2009 at 8:40 PM

my daughter either goes to bed at 7 or 8 depends on what we r doing or how late her nap was.

• Mom2Bria
    November 4, 2009 at 8:42 PM

So with the time change, things have been a little funky, but here is what we do....6pm dinner, 6:30 tubby time, around 6:40 I get her in her PJs and ready for bed...At 7, she gives Daddy night night kisses and hugs and then I take her to her room read her a book nurse her for about 5-10 minutes and put her in her crib! She is out in like 5 minutes!! If we are traveling, the night we travel things are funky, but the next day her schedule stays the same as if we were at home!!

• mommy_mpoon
    November 5, 2009 at 4:27 AM

We try to keep to a regular bedtime for both of them, it makes it easier with Viktor because he's on the clock. Even if we are outside, once it's his usual nap/bedtime he'll be out in a second with or without milk.

We have occassional days when they sleep a bit later...either because we have guests over or we're out on family day(s). Like we recently did a Disneyland Birthday for the kids and the sleep times were all whacked out...but once we're home things go back to normal.