Advice for Moms

Caryn4690
Stop breastfeeding????
March 9, 2008 at 11:50 PM
When I was pregnant my husband and I agreed I would only baeastfeed for three months, others suggest longer. I have grown comfortable with it now, but she doesn't like formula. I may never be able to stop.

Replies

• JADIEBUG
    March 9, 2008 at 11:52 PM
    Whats wrong with continuing to breast feed? It makes a great bond between mother and child.
  • mom2ljh
    by mom2ljh
    March 9, 2008 at 11:54 PM
    If you're comfortable with it then I say keep going.  Just take it a day at a time.  You may find that you enjoy it so much that you just keep nursing until she self weans, which all children will, in due time, if not force weaned.
  • ginaandanna
    March 10, 2008 at 12:03 AM
    then keep doing it. it is good for the baby breast milk is better for them than formula is. 
  • happy_momma
    March 10, 2008 at 12:03 AM
    Most doctors say you should breastfeed for the first year but if you are like me you may be thinking that you might not be able to go that long so do what I am doing and as long as you are comfortable with it stick with it an when you get to the point that you arent start weining. Personally I have already started pumping and freezing because breast milk can be frozen for up to six months so if i decided to stop early he can still have my milk for a while.
    do what you are comfortable with! good luck
  • sacdp29
    by sacdp29
    March 10, 2008 at 12:14 AM
    I breastfed both my children.  I breastfed my son (firstborn) until he was 6 months old. I can remember crying when he seemed to not want to breastfeed anymore.  I loved it. 
    Breastfeed for as long as you feel comfortable.  The longer, the better for your  child!
  • Jaydensmama510
    March 10, 2008 at 12:19 AM

My son is going to be 2 yrs old in April and I still breast-feed (now only once at night). In the beginning, I was doing formula and nursing, but suddenly when he was 3 months old, he quit formula and wouldn't drink it anymore. I told myself I was only gonna breast feed him until he was 6 months old, but now look! I was scared that he wouldn't drink whole milk, and rarely does. So I figure as long as I have the supply and he wants it, I will continue. I'm trying to slowly wean him off and only feed him once at night. So I say, what ever makes you comfortable.

• MommaTasha1003
    March 10, 2008 at 9:14 AM
    IMO the 1st 3mo are the hardest. and you dont get to fully see how great (emotionally) bf is until about 6mo. and it does take time for hubby to adjust to it too.
    I think if u are not ready to wean then dont. people are allowed to change their minds, and we do it alot during parenting! The longer u bf the better, but only u and ur baby can decide when the time is right. i hope ur hubby respects & supports your decision.
    And u will be able to stop. weaning is just like getting a baby off a bottle / paci, it can be difficult.. but its doable.
  • lilou
    by lilou
    March 10, 2008 at 9:43 AM

I would not stop if i were you b/c you do what's best for her+ I think it would be hard on her to stop and also her lil stomach + hey , bf doesn't cost anything! but if you do stop maybe you can pump? As for formula maybe you will need to try a few before you find one that she like. What people think about it whether is your husband or friend should not influence you, YOU are the one who's bf and YOU do what you think is best for you and your baby. Good luck

• mommyliz08
    March 10, 2008 at 10:34 AM
    Its importnant to remember that you are mommy and as the saying goes mother knows best. if you don't want to stop breastfeeding don't. talk to your partner about it but you both need to keep in mind that EVERYTHING changes when you have a child and you need to be flexible. you had a plan before baby was born and that's great but once that little bundle of joy is here, your feeling and opinions may and will change. if you like breastfeeding and you are still able, don't let anyone convince you to stop! it really is the best thing for your baby and you should always trust your instincts! they're there for a reason!
  • dropcatch
    March 10, 2008 at 12:35 PM

minimum for one year is only fair until greater maturity of baby's digestive system.  I heard that the cow protein , when viewed with microsope, is jagged and sharp and perforates digestive tract and soy is genetically modified and contains too much estrogen ( hence its use for aging women),
    rice milk   ...imcomplete protein and YOU.... perfect food and meant for your baby.  what would your husband do to you  for properly taking care of your young?

say you've changed your mind.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts