Advice for Moms

torslove
Anyone else have a Mirena IUD?
March 9, 2008 at 7:19 PM
I had mine put in after my son was born. It's a 5 year IUD and it's due to be taken out in June of 2010. Well, I have enjoyed it as far as being my means of birth control seeing as how there's no pill to take everyday, there's no hormones or weight gain and there's no patch to deal with. Over the past 6 months I have had a couple of weird experiences with it, I've heard they are normal though. For about 5 months my period started on the 2nd of every month and lasted for 19 days, granted it was always extremely light only calling for a panty liner. But last month it never started, and it didn't come this month either. I took a pregnancy test last month after my period was a week late and it was negative. So I was just wondering if anyone else out there has the same kind of BC and if so, did you lose your period on it?

Replies

• gabbysmommy07
    March 10, 2008 at 4:37 PM
    I got Mirena in November 2007. I have been bleeding non-stop (very light though) since a couple weeks after I got it. I also have a problem which is really puzzling to me. I have gained all my weight I lost from when I was pregnant back plus a couple extra pounds. I eat the same I have always eatten, I dont know whats wrong but I am really upset about it. I was on a roll with weight loss after my pregnancy. Does anyone else seem to be having this problem?
  • torslove
    March 11, 2008 at 12:37 AM
    actually, the same thing happened to me. i weighed 206 when i gave birth and 1 month later i weighed 170 so i was thinking it would continue and i would get back to the body i had before pregnancy. then i got the mirena put in and now i weigh 220. =( I've tried to diet but only lose about 10 or so pounds and then put it right back on.
  • Sylvia6107
    March 11, 2008 at 9:33 PM
    Ive been on the Mirena for 8 months and i do have lighter and less periods..i do not have them every month and they are irregular..not that long ago i actually did think i was pregnant..i took a test and it was negative. The good thing about Mirena is that before i would have real i mean REAL bad periods..Ive had my period since i was 10 years old and each month was hell to me..i got to the point that i could'nt walk because my legs aced real bad and had painful cramps..Ive gotten to the point that ive thrown up and fainted from it..i got sent to the hospital for that but they were never able to find out what was the problem..but now that i had my son its so different..i don't know if its because i had my son that my periods are better or if its the Mirena cause i got it a month after i had my son. But yeah you are not alone..so don't be worried about being pregnant..you might feel symptoms of being pregnant but they might just be hormones but just in-case..go check yourself out at the doctor just to be on the save side. Hope that helped out a little bit.

Advice for Moms