Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
lldevil169
Getting sleep??
July 27, 2014 at 4:47 AM
So how do you get your sleep schedule back or regular once your little one starts sleeping through the night??

Replies

• MusherMaggie
    July 27, 2014 at 8:12 AM
    How old is your little one? Sleep patterns can continue to change through toddlerhood. I just try to have a good amount of activity during the day and settle down at roughly the same time every night.
  • Reina13
    by Reina13
    July 27, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Honestly for me it was pretty easy. I was so exhausted by the time they started sleeping through the night that I didn't have problems getting back into a sleep schedule myself. 

• lilmama8408
    July 27, 2014 at 12:46 PM
    Honestly even if I wasn't tired I'd force myself to lay down at a certain time. On the couch or in bed, didn't matter.
    Getting the kid(s) on a routine and schedule helps because your also putting yourself on one. I generally stay up 1-2 hours after my older 2 go to bed and it gives baby one last feeding (2 weeks old) while I'm fully awake. He also gets his own routine.

• lldevil169
    July 27, 2014 at 2:45 PM
    He is 3 months but he has been sleeping threw the night for a month now and I'm still wide awake all night he sleeps for a great 8 hours

Quoting MusherMaggie: How old is your little one? Sleep patterns can continue to change through toddlerhood. I just try to have a good amount of activity during the day and settle down at roughly the same time every night.
  • amonkeymom
    July 27, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Me too!

Quoting Reina13:

Honestly for me it was pretty easy. I was so exhausted by the time they started sleeping through the night that I didn't have problems getting back into a sleep schedule myself. 

• Mom2Just1
    July 27, 2014 at 3:40 PM
    My body adjusts on its own. Be warned: he might not sleep through the night for long. Sleep patterns change so much.
  • MusherMaggie
    July 27, 2014 at 5:26 PM
    Quoting lldevil169: He is 3 months but he has been sleeping threw the night for a month now and I'm still wide awake all night he sleeps for a great 8 hours

Quoting MusherMaggie: How old is your little one? Sleep patterns can continue to change through toddlerhood. I just try to have a good amount of activity during the day and settle down at roughly the same time every night.

He is likely to hit a growth spurt in the next few days which may cause night waking again. Are you napping yourself during the day a lot? Caffeine or food too late in the evening?
  • AM-BRAT
    by AM-BRAT
    July 28, 2014 at 12:03 PM

You're up all night?!

Idk what to tell you. The second anyone is sleeping I'm sleeping. If you're having that much trouble, make a routine for yourself. Wake up, workout, stay active through the day, and no coffee in the afternoon. Warm bath for yourself maybe after baby is in bed?

And a pp is so right- this could change again so don't get TOO attached to baby sleeping all night.  :(

Quoting lldevil169: He is 3 months but he has been sleeping threw the night for a month now and I'm still wide awake all night he sleeps for a great 8 hours

• lldevil169
    July 28, 2014 at 5:56 PM
    I don't nap in the day at all any more I stopped restructuring the first month I drink water and eat around 430 5 ish no soda after that

Quoting MusherMaggie:

He is likely to hit a growth spurt in the next few days which may cause night waking again. Are you napping yourself during the day a lot? Caffeine or food too late in the evening?
  • ceciliam
    July 28, 2014 at 7:50 PM

LOL....me too!

Quoting Reina13:

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts