Advice for Moms

DuncansMommy
A LUMP! How concerned should I be?
October 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I found a lump about the size of a marble in my left leg. It's about 8 inches above my knee. I only feel it when putting pressure on my leg. It doesn't hurt. I found it probably a year ago, but honestly I keep forgetting about it until I feel it again. Should I be concerned about this? Would you have it checked out?

Replies

• rugratsmommy4
    October 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I had a lump on my right shoulder for years.  I didn't have it checked out til it started growing in size.  Turned out to be a cyst.  To be safe I would have it checked out.  It's concerning you so have it looked at to ease your mind.  I wasn't worried til mine grew. Good luck!

• DuncansMommy
    October 3, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Thank you. I don't think it has grown at all, I think if it had, I wouldn't even question getting it checked out.

• jackiewal10
    October 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM

In your leg??  I wouldn't (personally) be too concerned.  But I would have it checked out.  Especially since it's something that's on your mind.

• SamMom912
    October 3, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Why on earth would you NOT get it checked out? a YEAR? OMG. Sweetie, you need to get this checked out!!!!  Its NOT supposed to be there.. GO and SEE a DR! Your health is EVERYTHING.

Im sure you're a busy mom with a lot on your plate. Im sure you dont have a lot of free time.. and really who wants to spend that time in a dr's office.... but if it IS something, sooner is always better then later to take care of something health related!!

Im not saying you should be nervous. I have NO idea what a lump in your leg means... BUT, I HAD a lump in my breast.and it was the scarest 4 weeks to have biopsy, wait for results. I had 1 small child at the time... and I couldnt imagine leaving him.... You need to take care of your health! Ignoring lumps is NOT the way to go!

HUGS to you and your family.

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    October 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Yes, get it checked out. Then you won't need to worry. :)  Please update us when you find out. :)

• la_bella_vita
    October 3, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I had one on my arm, it was a cyst, it went away on it's own. If you are concerned I would get it checked out. I ended up getting mine checked out.

• momof2js946
    October 3, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I would definately get it checked out. Did you know that blood clots start in your legs? and then they could travel up to your lungs and heart? I would definately get it checked out!

Hope that I didn't scare you, but  if it's something that not supposed to be there, then get it checked out!!

• AtillaTheHun
    October 3, 2013 at 11:20 AM
    My mom had something like this on the side of her knee. It kept growing and started to hurt so she had it removed. They sent it off to the lab but the results came back inconclusive. They 'assume' it was a lipoma but it had a black center and they had never seen anything like it before. Have it looked at just for your peace of mind.
  • kimber2465
    October 3, 2013 at 11:29 AM

just go have it check out just to make sure that there is nothing going on.

• valrubio
    October 3, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I think it is probably a cyst but you should go ahead and have it checked.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts