Advice for Moms

JamieBue38
When do they sleep through the night?
October 2, 2013 at 10:40 PM

DD is 7 months as goes to bed at 9. She has 3 naps during the day and wakes up once or twice through the night.

Tonight she fell asleep at 6. I'm not ready to wake up at 3 am. UGH. When did your kid start sleeping through the night, and didn't stop (except of course every now and then).

Replies

• soontobemommie3
    October 2, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    Ds1 around 2 weeks. Ds2 about 2 months. Dd is 3 and still wakes me once a night, usually only to potty. She gets freaked out when she's the only one up....driving me bonkers.
  • JamieBue38
    October 2, 2013 at 10:47 PM

2 weeks?! no way. You had it great with your first 2! Why can't your daughter go pee by herself?

Quoting soontobemommie3:

Ds1 around 2 weeks. Ds2 about 2 months. Dd is 3 and still wakes me once a night, usually only to potty. She gets freaked out when she's the only one up....driving me bonkers.

• SweetPea2004
    October 2, 2013 at 10:48 PM

6 weeks, she has been a sound 10-13 hour a night sleeper and she is now nine.

• ARPsMom
    by ARPsMom
    October 2, 2013 at 10:49 PM
    Both my boys did around 6 weeks. My youngest (1) goes to bed at 8 and sleeps until 9. He only naps once (1:00-4:30). We have stuck to the same routine since birth.
  • jackiewal10
    October 2, 2013 at 10:50 PM

DS 1, about 18 months. DS 2 at about 2.5.  It is MORE abnormal for infants to sleep through the night before the age of 1 than it is for them not to.  World-wide, the average age is between 2 and 3 years old.

• soontobemommie3
    October 2, 2013 at 10:51 PM
    She can. She doesn't like to be the only one awake in the house. She gets freaked out. She's a scaredy cat. I've tried night lights and all. But, no dice. Here lately she has slept through the night more often than not without having to wake up and go. So, hopeful it's coming to an end.

Yeah, I think my oldest was some kind of fluke... My middle I think was about normal. Idk.

Quoting JamieBue38:

2 weeks?! no way. You had it great with your first 2! Why can't your daughter go pee by herself?

Quoting soontobemommie3:

• JamieBue38
    October 2, 2013 at 10:51 PM

That's what I was thinking. Their tummies are so tiny, how is it possible for them not to wake up and be hungry in the middle of the night? 

Quoting jackiewal10:

DS 1, about 18 months. DS 2 at about 2.5.  It is MORE abnormal for infants to sleep through the night before the age of 1 than it is for them not to.  World-wide, the average age is between 2 and 3 years old.

• jackiewal10
    October 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM

And if an infant (under the age of 1) is waking at night, chances are, it IS hunger related.  Never should night feedings be withheld before the age of 1. (Not saying you do that, just a general statement.)

You could try cutting him back to 2 naps instead of 3 and see what happens.  And if you do that, I would suggest moving his bedtime up to closer to 7/7:30.  You don't want an OVERtired baby either.

Quoting JamieBue38:

That's what I was thinking. Their tummies are so tiny, how is it possible for them not to wake up and be hungry in the middle of the night? 

Quoting jackiewal10:

• JamieBue38
    October 2, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Yeah, I know I need to move up her bed time, but she always throws a fit before 9pm, she'll scream and dry up my milk, and then there's nothing I can do but just wear her out even more. Maybe I'll push back the 3rd nap into night time.

Quoting jackiewal10:

And if an infant (under the age of 1) is waking at night, chances are, it IS hunger related.  Never should night feedings be withheld before the age of 1. (Not saying you do that, just a general statement.)

You could try cutting him back to 2 naps instead of 3 and see what happens.  And if you do that, I would suggest moving his bedtime up to closer to 7/7:30.  You don't want an OVERtired baby either.

Quoting JamieBue38:

Quoting jackiewal10:

• jackiewal10
    October 2, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Sorry.  HER.  I have 2 boys.  "His" and "he" naturally come out of my mouth.  If she's fighting, it could also be that she's hit that overtired phase already.  I would see if you can't eliminate that 3rd nap/push it into bedtime.

Quoting JamieBue38:

Yeah, I know I need to move up her bed time, but she always throws a fit before 9pm, she'll scream and dry up my milk, and then there's nothing I can do but just wear her out even more. Maybe I'll push back the 3rd nap into night time.

Quoting jackiewal10:

Quoting JamieBue38:

Quoting jackiewal10:

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts