Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
rory10
lesson help
by rory10
September 16, 2013 at 4:50 PM

So I'm looking to work on preschool skills with my soon to be 3 year old DD. I was wondering if any of you ladies have any sites you like to use as resources or if there's any books I should look into. I want to occasionally throw some religious lessons into the mix, but that should be easy with all the years my mom taught Sunday School and made her own.

Replies

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    September 16, 2013 at 5:04 PM
    Look for some workbooks at a bookstore like Barnes and Noble.
  • frndlyfn
    September 16, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Are you working on her listening skills , people skills etc as well as the letters and math?   For this age we did alot through play or dvds.  I even saw some at library which has some religion mixed in with the phonics.  Our library also used to have free preschool homeschooling packets that coincided with the prek that the school district had.

• rory10
    by rory10
    September 16, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I really don't have a clue right now. I'll have to check with the library next time I'm there, but I know DD won't end up going to school in the district we currently live in. I really just want ideas and to somehow throw them all together to make something I like.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Are you working on her listening skills , people skills etc as well as the letters and math?   For this age we did alot through play or dvds.  I even saw some at library which has some religion mixed in with the phonics.  Our library also used to have free preschool homeschooling packets that coincided with the prek that the school district had.

• frndlyfn
    September 16, 2013 at 5:18 PM

You can just ask the librarian to show you where homeschooling resources are.  I preferred to use their sources before i bought anything from a book store.   Barnes and nobles offers a discount to any at home educator or at least they used to.  I used the packets as guidelines for when i worked with my dd on it.

Quoting rory10:

I really don't have a clue right now. I'll have to check with the library next time I'm there, but I know DD won't end up going to school in the district we currently live in. I really just want ideas and to somehow throw them all together to make something I like.

Quoting frndlyfn:

• strictmomhere
    September 16, 2013 at 6:12 PM
    Dollar tree has great work books:)
  • JTE11
    by JTE11
    September 16, 2013 at 6:38 PM

I do the same thing for DD (2.5 years) but right now I don't use any web sites or specific books, I just go by developmental milestone guidelines (loosely) and then come up with activities from there. You could try the homeschooling group, those ladies are awesome with resources. Good luck!

• rory10
    by rory10
    September 16, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I almost got some there today, but I wanted to see if I could find basically the same stuff online for free. About $5 for them all isn't much, but I love to save any where I can.

Quoting strictmomhere:

Dollar tree has great work books:)

• RBIMOM
    by RBIMOM
    September 18, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Try starfall.com and abcya.com

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts