Advice for Moms

Featured Posts
Clubpenguin
Child excluded?
September 16, 2013 at 8:09 AM
What would you do if your child went to a school that had an even number of students in the class, yet your child never had a partner? The teachers allow 3 chikdren to work in a group while 1 child is left alone to do projects or attend trips. The mom doesn't want to become that mom who always complains. And it's the same every year, every class.

Replies

• emmy526
    by emmy526
    September 16, 2013 at 8:11 AM

i'd be having a talk with the teacher to remedy the situation, and if that got me nowhere, the principal would be next. 

• Caera
    by Caera
    September 16, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Every year, every class?

I'd have a hard time believing that. I'd also want to know what was wrong with the kid...why did no one want to partner with him.

• Clubpenguin
    September 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM
    Quoting Caera:

Every year, every class?

I'd have a hard time believing that. I'd also want to know what was wrong with the kid...why did no one want to partner with him.

very very shy and the school is cliquiky(sp?).
  • Caera
    by Caera
    September 16, 2013 at 8:29 AM

How old is the child? 

Is the child asking to be allowed to work alone? (I did)

Does the child start off being paired, but does not interact with the partner, so the partner drifts to a different group?

If the kid is shy enough that it's having a negative effect on school, and the kid actually cares about not being paired and WANTS to work with a partner but is too shy, that kid should probably be in therapy.

Quoting Clubpenguin:

Quoting Caera:

Every year, every class?

• Mommy2justone
    September 16, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Quoting emmy526:

i'd be having a talk with the teacher to remedy the situation, and if that got me nowhere, the principal would be next. 

• TIGGERTAC
    September 16, 2013 at 9:26 AM

This !

Quoting Caera:

How old is the child? 

Is the child asking to be allowed to work alone? (I did)

Does the child start off being paired, but does not interact with the partner, so the partner drifts to a different group?

If the kid is shy enough that it's having a negative effect on school, and the kid actually cares about not being paired and WANTS to work with a partner but is too shy, that kid should probably be in therapy.

Quoting Clubpenguin:

Quoting Caera:

Every year, every class?

• a_and_j_momma
    September 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM
    Does the child ask to work alone?
  • Aslen
    by Aslen
    September 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I would ask why that happens.

It's bullshit IMNSHO

• terpmama
    September 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Is the kid complaining or just mom

• misstaylor85
    September 16, 2013 at 1:35 PM

My mom made a fuss about it when I was a kid, then she couldn't figure out why my grades slipped after that....I don't work well when I have to rely on other people to do their part I am a get it done myself type of person and preferred to do it alone. - I think mom needs to find out from the kid why they are alone and if they even want to be in a group.

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts