Featured Posts
SueSahara
Bathing a sick infant
August 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM
so my daughter is 13 months and she has a fever that's ranging from 100 to 102.5 over the last 2 days. Me and my ex are having an argument because he wants to give her a bath and wash her head because he thinks it'll make her feel better and I've always been told you don't get sick baby wet what is the right way to go about this.

Update**- THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE ADVICE GAVE HER A BATH AND IT BROKE HER FEVER WILL USE THIS INFO AGAIN FOR NEXT TIME.

P.S. I know she is not an infant i am still in denial she grew to fast :-((

Replies

• mommyof11050307
    August 24, 2013 at 9:43 PM
    Yeah I give my kids warm baths it'll help with the fever.
  • PinkButterfly66
    August 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Bathe her in tepid water including her head and it will help bring her fever down.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    August 24, 2013 at 9:48 PM
    I put mine in the tub with a fever all the time. It can make them feel better and also bring the fever down.
  • lilmama8408
    August 24, 2013 at 9:54 PM
    The bath should be cool but not cold and will bring down the temperature and helo ease achy muscles
  • frndlyfn
    August 24, 2013 at 9:55 PM

room temperature water and then cover with a hooded towel after.  The water can have healing properties when referring to a fever.  Shoot we have even put wet wash clothes all over dd's body to help "pull out" a fever including one on her forehead.

• MissTacoBell
    August 24, 2013 at 9:56 PM
    Your bf is right. You're thinking of getting them wet in every day things like outside or somewhere cool.
  • SueSahara
    August 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM
    I forgot to say that my daughter hates bath and everytime we put her in one she screams and cries and fights the whole time I don't know if I want to do this to my baby when she isnt feeling well
  • Rampgirl04
    August 24, 2013 at 10:05 PM

I'm thinking you two may want to take her to the emergency room and see if it's something else causing the Fever to spike that high and not go down. A few months ago my son had a fever than wouldn't go down. We ended up taking him to a hospital in fact the one he was born at which is a wonderful hospital but anyway, while in the ER they found out he had a inner ear infection and that was causing his fever. This is just some friendly words of advice for me cause fevers can be scary and it's better to get it looked at to be sure nothing serious is wrong.

• Quinn525
    August 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM
    I always put my kids in bath when they have a fever. It usually makes them feel better.
  • TexanMomOf6
    August 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM

A bath is a very good way to get her temp down. Do not put her in cool water. You don't want her to shiver. Shivering is the way the body raises it's temperature. Put your arm in the water and if it doesn't feel hot or cold, it's about right.

The only time I had a baby that hated the water was when something in the bathroom was scary to him. Do you run the water when she's in the room? That's too noisy for a hypersensitive child.  If she sees the water go down the drain she might think she can go down it too. Do you have things on the edges or around the tub she's not allowed to touch? (move it!)   had a couple that liked showers. Do you have a huge kitchen sink you could bathe her in?   

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN