Featured Posts
rHOPEb
headache remedies, when it never ends.....
by rHOPEb
July 29, 2013 at 7:35 PM
I have a history of migraines. I'm on Thopomax daily. I watch what I eat n drink. I also take magnesium n drink tons of water. Nothing is working......wondering if there is something Im missing.....I have had a nonstop headache for going on 2wks. Thanks for any help!

Replies

• mstef99
    by mstef99
    July 29, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Is that "normal" for you with 2 wks?  I had migraines and thankfully for me after the birth of my son I never had them again, UNfortunately he suffered with infantile migraines.

With a headache for 2 wks I would definately get checked out by a physician, that's scary and NOT normal.

• rHOPEb
    by rHOPEb
    July 29, 2013 at 8:31 PM
    Poor baby!!! I'm glad yours are gone. They are no fun.
    With my headaches it varies. I'm just tired of the pain n nothing works. Migraines last 1-3 days but this is a dull stab. I couldn't get a hold of neuro today. Thanks!

Quoting mstef99:

Is that "normal" for you with 2 wks?  I had migraines and thankfully for me after the birth of my son I never had them again, UNfortunately he suffered with infantile migraines.

With a headache for 2 wks I would definately get checked out by a physician, that's scary and NOT normal.

• mommaFruFru
    July 29, 2013 at 11:19 PM

have you been to a neurologist? tried botox injections?

• rHOPEb
    by rHOPEb
    July 30, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    I see a Neuro regularly. I have not tried injections.

Quoting mommaFruFru:

have you been to a neurologist? tried botox injections?

• Saphira1207
    July 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM

imitrex nasal spray helps my son when he has a headache that won't go away with ibuprophen.

do you use any kind of ibuprophen or acetaminophen when the headache starts?  Topamax is a preventative, it won't take the headaches away after they start.  That's why it's a daily thing, like an allergy pill.  It helps prevent the issue from starting but won't keep it away entirely, that's why they make the other stuff.

I know you said you watch what you eat but maybe something got into it without your knowledge?  I know I have to be extra careful with a lot of the snacks I buy.  My son likes cheez-its but some versions have msg and some don't.  I have to check every box i put in the cart.  Same with almost anything boxed.  I don't know about you but to me it can be a real pain sometimes.

• wyomom4
    by wyomom4
    July 30, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I get those type of migraines, the ones that linger for a week or two at a time. I don't have insurance so I can't afford to see a neurologist.  I found a homeopathic headache spray at the health food store. It takes the edge off. I usually take 3 ibuprofen, 2 Excedrin migraine, and 3 sprays of the homeopathic spray. If you have any muscle relaxers at home, I know the er usually gives a "migraine cocktail" of those and benadryl. My friend swears by that.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

• rHOPEb
    by rHOPEb
    July 30, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    I have a heavy pain pill for migraines but can't take it when hubby is gone to work (he works night shift). OTC meds don't help, so I don't take them. I know Topomax is preventative, I'm also on other preventative meds for asthma (inhaler n nose spray).
    I don't really snack any more n have cut out big sugars. Maybe I need to get deeper in the ingredients. I just don't have time :( ugh!!! Thanks!

Quoting Saphira1207:

imitrex nasal spray helps my son when he has a headache that won't go away with ibuprophen.

do you use any kind of ibuprophen or acetaminophen when the headache starts?  Topamax is a preventative, it won't take the headaches away after they start.  That's why it's a daily thing, like an allergy pill.  It helps prevent the issue from starting but won't keep it away entirely, that's why they make the other stuff.

I know you said you watch what you eat but maybe something got into it without your knowledge?  I know I have to be extra careful with a lot of the snacks I buy.  My son likes cheez-its but some versions have msg and some don't.  I have to check every box i put in the cart.  Same with almost anything boxed.  I don't know about you but to me it can be a real pain sometimes.

• rHOPEb
    by rHOPEb
    July 30, 2013 at 2:23 PM
    Thanks!!!!

Quoting wyomom4:

I get those type of migraines, the ones that linger for a week or two at a time. I don't have insurance so I can't afford to see a neurologist.  I found a homeopathic headache spray at the health food store. It takes the edge off. I usually take 3 ibuprofen, 2 Excedrin migraine, and 3 sprays of the homeopathic spray. If you have any muscle relaxers at home, I know the er usually gives a "migraine cocktail" of those and benadryl. My friend swears by that.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

• Saphira1207
    July 30, 2013 at 4:38 PM

For what it's worth eliminating MSG from my son's diet helped A LOT.  So did having him drink more water and eating as close to real food as I can.  Frozen veggies almost never have headache producing ingredients.  Neither does rice or pasta, and I make my own pasta/red sauce so I don't have to worry there either.

Quoting rHOPEb:

I have a heavy pain pill for migraines but can't take it when hubby is gone to work (he works night shift). OTC meds don't help, so I don't take them. I know Topomax is preventative, I'm also on other preventative meds for asthma (inhaler n nose spray).
    I don't really snack any more n have cut out big sugars. Maybe I need to get deeper in the ingredients. I just don't have time :( ugh!!! Thanks!

Quoting Saphira1207:

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    July 30, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Could you have a sinus infection?

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts