Featured Posts
rHOPEb
headache remedies, when it never ends.....
by rHOPEb
July 29, 2013 at 7:35 PM
I have a history of migraines. I'm on Thopomax daily. I watch what I eat n drink. I also take magnesium n drink tons of water. Nothing is working......wondering if there is something Im missing.....I have had a nonstop headache for going on 2wks. Thanks for any help!

Replies

• mstef99
    by mstef99
    July 29, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Is that "normal" for you with 2 wks?  I had migraines and thankfully for me after the birth of my son I never had them again, UNfortunately he suffered with infantile migraines.

With a headache for 2 wks I would definately get checked out by a physician, that's scary and NOT normal.

• rHOPEb
    by rHOPEb
    July 29, 2013 at 8:31 PM
    Poor baby!!! I'm glad yours are gone. They are no fun.
    With my headaches it varies. I'm just tired of the pain n nothing works. Migraines last 1-3 days but this is a dull stab. I couldn't get a hold of neuro today. Thanks!

Quoting mstef99:

Is that "normal" for you with 2 wks?  I had migraines and thankfully for me after the birth of my son I never had them again, UNfortunately he suffered with infantile migraines.

With a headache for 2 wks I would definately get checked out by a physician, that's scary and NOT normal.

• mommaFruFru
    July 29, 2013 at 11:19 PM

have you been to a neurologist? tried botox injections?

• rHOPEb
    by rHOPEb
    July 30, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    I see a Neuro regularly. I have not tried injections.

Quoting mommaFruFru:

have you been to a neurologist? tried botox injections?

• Saphira1207
    July 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM

imitrex nasal spray helps my son when he has a headache that won't go away with ibuprophen.

do you use any kind of ibuprophen or acetaminophen when the headache starts?  Topamax is a preventative, it won't take the headaches away after they start.  That's why it's a daily thing, like an allergy pill.  It helps prevent the issue from starting but won't keep it away entirely, that's why they make the other stuff.

I know you said you watch what you eat but maybe something got into it without your knowledge?  I know I have to be extra careful with a lot of the snacks I buy.  My son likes cheez-its but some versions have msg and some don't.  I have to check every box i put in the cart.  Same with almost anything boxed.  I don't know about you but to me it can be a real pain sometimes.

• wyomom4
    by wyomom4
    July 30, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I get those type of migraines, the ones that linger for a week or two at a time. I don't have insurance so I can't afford to see a neurologist.  I found a homeopathic headache spray at the health food store. It takes the edge off. I usually take 3 ibuprofen, 2 Excedrin migraine, and 3 sprays of the homeopathic spray. If you have any muscle relaxers at home, I know the er usually gives a "migraine cocktail" of those and benadryl. My friend swears by that.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

• rHOPEb
    by rHOPEb
    July 30, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    I have a heavy pain pill for migraines but can't take it when hubby is gone to work (he works night shift). OTC meds don't help, so I don't take them. I know Topomax is preventative, I'm also on other preventative meds for asthma (inhaler n nose spray).
    I don't really snack any more n have cut out big sugars. Maybe I need to get deeper in the ingredients. I just don't have time :( ugh!!! Thanks!

Quoting Saphira1207:

imitrex nasal spray helps my son when he has a headache that won't go away with ibuprophen.

do you use any kind of ibuprophen or acetaminophen when the headache starts?  Topamax is a preventative, it won't take the headaches away after they start.  That's why it's a daily thing, like an allergy pill.  It helps prevent the issue from starting but won't keep it away entirely, that's why they make the other stuff.

I know you said you watch what you eat but maybe something got into it without your knowledge?  I know I have to be extra careful with a lot of the snacks I buy.  My son likes cheez-its but some versions have msg and some don't.  I have to check every box i put in the cart.  Same with almost anything boxed.  I don't know about you but to me it can be a real pain sometimes.

• rHOPEb
    by rHOPEb
    July 30, 2013 at 2:23 PM
    Thanks!!!!

Quoting wyomom4:

I get those type of migraines, the ones that linger for a week or two at a time. I don't have insurance so I can't afford to see a neurologist.  I found a homeopathic headache spray at the health food store. It takes the edge off. I usually take 3 ibuprofen, 2 Excedrin migraine, and 3 sprays of the homeopathic spray. If you have any muscle relaxers at home, I know the er usually gives a "migraine cocktail" of those and benadryl. My friend swears by that.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

• Saphira1207
    July 30, 2013 at 4:38 PM

For what it's worth eliminating MSG from my son's diet helped A LOT.  So did having him drink more water and eating as close to real food as I can.  Frozen veggies almost never have headache producing ingredients.  Neither does rice or pasta, and I make my own pasta/red sauce so I don't have to worry there either.

Quoting rHOPEb:

I have a heavy pain pill for migraines but can't take it when hubby is gone to work (he works night shift). OTC meds don't help, so I don't take them. I know Topomax is preventative, I'm also on other preventative meds for asthma (inhaler n nose spray).
    I don't really snack any more n have cut out big sugars. Maybe I need to get deeper in the ingredients. I just don't have time :( ugh!!! Thanks!

Quoting Saphira1207:

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    July 30, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Could you have a sinus infection?

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN