Advice for Moms

luvemboth
Is it ok for them to match?
July 17, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I'm shopping for dresses for my dd's for a wedding and came across this one at a stellar deal. The price is so good, I want to get one for all my girls and call it good (ages 1,2 & 7)...but is it dumb to make them all match, lol? Yay or nay?

Replies

• frankiesma530
    July 17, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I don't think it's dumb. Could be cute.  

• JMmama
    by JMmama
    July 17, 2013 at 11:39 PM

I like it when kids all match. I think it would definitely be fine for the 1 and 2 year old, but I would ask the 7 year old how she felt about it.

• jackiewal10
    July 18, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Personally, I wouldn't.  Maybe the 1 and 2 year olds, but I wouldn't match all 3 of them.  I WOULD do coordinating colors though.  Or even shades of all the same color.

• coupon_ash_back
    July 18, 2013 at 12:12 AM
    That's a bit much IMO. Then again I'm not into matching siblings.
  • luvemboth
    July 18, 2013 at 12:13 AM
    That's exactly how I felt before I found this deal, lol. The 7yo's is slightly a darker shade if that makes a difference. I was thinking different colored shawls for them. Is that enough difference?

Quoting jackiewal10:

Personally, I wouldn't.  Maybe the 1 and 2 year olds, but I wouldn't match all 3 of them.  I WOULD do coordinating colors though.  Or even shades of all the same color.

• AM-BRAT
    by AM-BRAT
    July 18, 2013 at 12:35 AM

A deal is a deal is a deal.

And my two girls match VERY often.

• balagan_imma
    July 18, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I went to a bat mitzvah where the 2 younger sisters matched each other. And the immediate family was all wearing the same color. I thought it a little much, and would have just had my kids wear the same color as their sister (bat mitzvah girl.) but I'm not a very matchy matchy kind of girl either. Maybe because I never had sisters. 

• Mom2Just1
    July 18, 2013 at 12:42 AM
    We aren't really matcha match people.
  • threenorns
    July 18, 2013 at 7:39 AM

if it looks good on all of them and it fits your budget, go nuts.

at least everybody will know whose kids they are, eh? 

but only if the colours suits them all - it would be terrible to have one child looking radiant in that lovely blue colour and her sister looks dowdy or pasty.

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    July 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM

For a good price, go for it!

Advice for Moms