Advice for Moms

chrissypea21
This teen has pulled the last straw!!!
June 20, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I know it is long but please read all of it. Needing Advice. So my sister has a teenager and she is an absolute handful. She just turned 16 and they threw her a big birthday party to celebrate. For some reason she has gotten into this attitude where she thinks she is everything and isn't thankful for anything anyone gives/does for her. The other night, Cassie, (my sister), told Brooke (the 16 yr old teen, her daughter) that she wasn't allowed to leave the house to be with her boyfriend or be with him at all why she was out taking her other kids to friends' house and taking her littler one to spend time with Grandparents. Cassie came back and Brooke was not there. She called her and she answered and said she was at the park but not to come and get her because she was just with friends and not to worry about her. Cassie wasn't going to let that slide because she knew how caniving Brooke was and wasn't going to let her do something without checking up on the situations. Cassie pulled up to a parking spot on the side of the park where Brooke would not be able to hear the car or see it. She got out and went to go check things out and yes, Brooke was with her friends, but she had failed to mention that all of her friends' boyfriends were there as well as her, and they all were in the middle of a full on make-out session behind the community building. Cassie called all of the girls' mom's to come and get their daughters to leave and punish them, and sent all of the boys home as well. A bunch of cars pulled up as all of the moms filed out of their cars and walked over to where the action was happening. They took their daughters home and I am guessing they were all thoroughly punished. Cassie doesn't know what to do. Brooke is out of control and Cassie says that this can't happen again, and I wouldn't want it to either. She needs help on ways to punish her. She has already taken her car away and she can only go to things her parents will drive her to. Cassie feels like there needs to be a better punishment..so please help!!

Replies

• hanban2212
    June 20, 2013 at 1:32 AM

I think that maybe cell phone should be taken away too. When i was little I remember sneaking out with my friends and I got grounded from my phone, and car. I didn't have a laptop or anything or facebook or anything like that but if I were her mom I would take all of those away!

• marihla
    by marihla
    June 20, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Sounds like how I was at 16 (I was actually way worse than this). Then I moved out while still 16 and turned my life around immediately. I'm no help. BUMP.

• MrsKaufold1990
    June 20, 2013 at 1:36 AM
    When i snuck out i got an ass whooping so hard i could barely sit and i was 14!!!!

Take the damn cell phone, drive her ass to school an pick her ass up grom school.

Take the door away from her as well.
  • chrissypea21
    June 20, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

When i snuck out i got an ass whooping so hard i could barely sit and i was 14!!!!

Take the damn cell phone, drive her ass to school an pick her ass up grom school.

HAHA! That was pretty damn hilarious but good advice at the same time!

• MrsKaufold1990
    June 20, 2013 at 1:51 AM
    What was funny?

Im being dead serious.

I thought i was being slick when i snuck out, forgot my second mom was up ar 5am when i walked in the front door, she whooped my ass so damn hard, ad shell ad mit it to it.

Trust me take the phone, and door, computer time, ad make her do all the dishes, drop her off and pick her up from school.

Watch how fast she turns around.

Quoting chrissypea21:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

HAHA! That was pretty damn hilarious but good advice at the same time!

• Buggy979
    June 20, 2013 at 1:56 AM
    I would be taking the door off the hinges, all of her personal favorite belongings, he make up, cell, computer or ipad, car she would only have a pillow a blanket and her bed. She would need to earn her right to get everything back but until then she will live with nothing. . I have done this by the way and it worked wonders.
  • frndlyfn
    June 20, 2013 at 2:07 AM

I would not be leaving her home alone at all.  If the others need to be dropped off then she gets to ride as well for the whole route.  Why was she given a huge party if this behavior has been going on for a long time?  It is just proving to her that she can act up and get rewarded.  I would put her on cellphone restriction for a week as well as no computer interactions.

Did your sister really tell other mothers how to handle their children as in punishing them?

• chrissypea21
    June 20, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would not be leaving her home alone at all.  If the others need to be dropped off then she gets to ride as well for the whole route.  Why was she given a huge party if this behavior has been going on for a long time?  It is just proving to her that she can act up and get rewarded.  I would put her on cellphone restriction for a week as well as no computer interactions.

Did your sister really tell other mothers how to handle their children as in punishing them?

She only started acting like this after her birthday party. She is a spoiled brat and we aren't sure what to do.  My sister asked all of us in the family for help...including uncles and everybody. I feel like she thinks just because she go a big birthday it means that she should be granted unlimited chances to do whatever she pleases. And she took away her cellphone tonight so she can't text or be in contact with friends or her boyfriend. She also is driven everywhere she is allowed to go and someone always stays home with her so she doesn't do anymore stupid crap..

• frndlyfn
    June 20, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Quoting chrissypea21:

Quoting frndlyfn:

She only started acting like this after her birthday party. She is a spoiled brat and we aren't sure what to do.  My sister asked all of us in the family for help...including uncles and everybody. I feel like she thinks just because she go a big birthday it means that she should be granted unlimited chances to do whatever she pleases. And she took away her cellphone tonight so she can't text or be in contact with friends or her boyfriend. She also is driven everywhere she is allowed to go and someone always stays home with her so she doesn't do anymore stupid crap..

I think something else had to trigger this behavior besides a big birthday party.  It could just be her feeling invincible as a teenager likes to do and be above any rules that they formerly followed. A new friend or 3 could also start her acting worse.

• Retrokitty
    June 20, 2013 at 2:24 AM
    At that age her frontal lobe is not developed. She will not care nor think about others for a few years. At that age she will only care about boys and friends.

There is not much you can do about the way she thinks. Her brain has some more growing to do.
    Sneaking out and lying is not okay. Since she can't be trusted out I would not let her out. No contact with friends besides school. I wouldn't ground her too her room. I've never understood the point of that. I

Advice for Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts