Advice for Moms

mommyinthe303
Well she packed up and left.
May 23, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Well my daughter has thrown her future away! She packed up and left to move in with boyfriend.! We can't do a whole lot but this is my first time going through this. 17 and it was one month till graduation! She decided to not go anymore. Thankfully her counclor emailed me and said she did slid by to graduate. I went to the graduation but she didn't know I was there. We have called police, nothing we can do because she is of age here. Suggestions and advice PLEASE!

Replies

• frndlyfn
    May 23, 2013 at 3:50 PM

It sounds like she needs to learn any hard lessons which could be coming soon about adult life.   How can you go to graduation though if it is a month away?  That confuses me.    As a mom you will have to figure out if you will let her come back if/when she wants to  or be a tough love mom and say sorry you can not come back w/o some very strict rules of conduct.

• conniejo75
    May 23, 2013 at 3:53 PM
    This

Quoting frndlyfn:

It sounds like she needs to learn any hard lessons which could be coming soon about adult life.   How can you go to graduation though if it is a month away?  That confuses me.    As a mom you will have to figure out if you will let her come back if/when she wants to  or be a tough love mom and say sorry you can not come back w/o some very strict rules of conduct.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    May 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    She has to make her own way. She's gonna learn fast.
  • big.city.mama
    May 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    She will learn the hard way when she finds out high school diploma only get you so far.
  • mommyinthe303
    May 23, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I'm sorry she threw it away at one month till graduation. Thanks so much for the advice.

Quoting frndlyfn:

• SamMom912
    May 23, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Oh, that is so hard. Its so hard to watch those we love make choices we dont like... and that we know can cause them some potential heartache. Oh momma... this is a tough one.
    I dont think there is much you can do. I dont think I would help her (no money, no help in any way-- ok, food..,Id give her food and birth control!)  but I would definetely express that if and when she needs to come home she is always welcome. Id tell her that life is hard... and if it gets to much she is always welcome back in your house to get back on her feet or If she decides she wants to go to college or something positive moving forward... Id put out there that youre in her corner.. her biggest fan. You dont want to see her struggle and when and if it gets too hard. Your here... no questions asked at that point. Wish her well.

• mommyinthe303
    May 23, 2013 at 4:09 PM

It is so stressful but I feel like WOW so betrayed and hurt and shocked at her actions.

Quoting SamMom912:

Oh, that is so hard. Its so hard to watch those we love make choices we dont like... and that we know can cause them some potential heartache. Oh momma... this is a tough one.
    I dont think there is much you can do. I dont think I would help her (no money, no help in any way-- ok, food..,Id give her food and birth control!)  but I would definetely express that if and when she needs to come home she is always welcome. Id tell her that life is hard... and if it gets to much she is always welcome back in your house to get back on her feet or If she decides she wants to go to college or something positive moving forward... Id put out there that youre in her corner.. her biggest fan. You dont want to see her struggle and when and if it gets too hard. Your here... no questions asked at that point. Wish her well.

• OHgirlinCA
    May 23, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Just let her do what she wants.  When she realizes she's made a mistake, be there for her.

• WillsMOM72
    May 23, 2013 at 4:14 PM
    She needs to make her own mistakes. Just be there for her.
  • SamMom912
    May 23, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I can imagine. I take it you dont care for the boyfriend? Im sure the shortsightedness of her actions (thankfully she is going to graduate) just breaks your heart. What are her plans for work? Why the sudden decision? Is it close by?

Quoting mommyinthe303:

It is so stressful but I feel like WOW so betrayed and hurt and shocked at her actions.

Quoting SamMom912:

Advice for Moms